Funniest moments from ALEHORN

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Well, since a LOT of us were at the show, and all had a great time, I thought we could have a thread to talk about all the shenanigans which took place!!!!!

Here are some which come to mind:

- Al announcing we have a new release on Steel and Fire Records

- Harbinger announcing they are going into "Poser Patrol" and Bob yelling, "Watch out Simon"

- Me giving Lee a headlock during High Spirits (granted this was after 2, or possibly 3, as I can't remember, Trooper Ales!!!!)

- Me giving Lee a headlock during High Spirits (granted this was after 2, or possibly 3, as I can't remember, Trooper Ales!!!!)

It was amusing seeing you obviously drunk for the first time I can remember.

- Dave being Dave. Mainly Bob asking him what he thought of Bible of the Devil and him saying, "I think they sucked."

Al's embarassing banter on stage. Truly cringe worthy.

Watching Jason buzzed talking loud and talking during songs. Something we always joke about people doing.

the fight outside was funny to watch.

watching joey buy all the Manilla Road merch and never hearing them yet.

Yeah, I definitely drank more than I usually do at a gig, esp when I am driving, but I was having just too damn good of a time.

I finally met this one forum guy Scott, who Bob also knows, and we were chatting for a while and the beers just somehow kept coming. Ha!

I realized this right before HS started so I cut myself off.

I think I even remember telling some of you, "Hey, don't let me have anymore"!

Oh here is one more funny moment:

- someone from the Cactus crew coming on stage before our sound check asking the Reggie's soundman to not have any bands playing on the mainstage during Cactus' set.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA............

For those who don't know, the Cactus guys and crew were NOT very friendly, and didn't seem happy that there was a show next door.

How much of their stuff did he get?
I saw him buy three CDs.
Did he get all their shirts, even the old ones?

he got 3 CD's...the ones you told him and all the shirts. He got a Harbinger shirt as well. Plus I think something else....at least it wasn't like Ragnarokkr where he dropped over $1,000 on shirts.

You know what? As far as I'm concerned they get the shaft as they're on the side stage.

Well, to be honest, I blame Reggies for even booking them.
It was kind of doomed from the start.
They already had ALEHORN booked LONG before this came around.
Playing the music joint meant that Reggies had to charge $50 + to meet their guarantee. It was a lose - lose from the get go.........

I mean, seriously? Did they think Carmine Apice was gonna walk in there and be happy to play the Music Joint?

I am only speaking as to what my perspective is.

Who knows? Conversely, maybe Cactus came in with a bad attitude as my guess also is that they had to severely drop their guarantee since they were playing a room that maxes out at what, maybe 100?

Well, to be honest, I blame Reggies for even booking them.
It was kind of doomed from the start.
They already had ALEHORN booked LONG before this came around.
Playing the music joint meant that Reggies had to charge $50 + to meet their guarantee. It was a lose - lose from the get go.........

I mean, seriously? Did they think Carmine Apice was gonna walk in there and be happy to play the Music Joint?

I am only speaking as to what my perspective is.

Who knows? Conversely, maybe Cactus came in with a bad attitude as my guess also is that they had to severely drop their guarantee since they were playing a room that maxes out at what, maybe 100?

Oh I agree it was a dumb booking, but at the same time I would put that more on their tour manager than Reggie's.

Oh I agree it was a dumb booking, but at the same time I would put that more on their tour manager than Reggie's.

Bottom line is if Reggie's was willing to front the guarantee, then that's all their booking agent cares about. My guess is, like many promoters / clubs do, is overlook their technical demands for the show.

So as much of a jerk as Carmine may have been to people, I am sure he was not happy going in.

For me, it was definitely #1 and #4 on Lee's list, and also Neudi seeing the Pentagram show poster on the wall just inside the door and then talking about his encounter with Bobby Liebling where Bobby apparently went on a ten minute rant about how he had a pocket problem and his jacket had too many pockets and he can never find his cigarettes.