Funny how bands grow on you...

Sep 2, 2003
London, England
I've been working for basically a week+ straight and have been listening to plenty of music and have been (re)discovering a lot of albums and bands I have overlooked, one of those being Nile. I used to think they sucked! But have been listening to them whilst working on my Death Metal presentation and making wallpapers out of band logo's and have really taken to these guys. Tis strange how things like this happen, I still think they're at their best in the slower brooding songs than the hyper fast maelstroms. Now I have no idea why it is I didn't like them in the first place.

I'll post a link to a Nile wallpaper I'm making later.

A band that realy grew on me was Emperor. I bought this comp with "Thus Spake the Night Spirit" on it and I was real excited to hear this band that I had heard so much about. At first listen I didn't like it at all. It was poorly produced, messy and noisy. Then slowly but surely the ending part where the screaming and the singing are going on at the same time grew on me. Then slowly the rest of the song revealed itself to me. Later when I bought the album(Anthems), it was sort of the same. I was frusterated cuz the vocals were so far back in the mix. However over time it just clicked. The album just keeps on raisng up on my list of best albums. At this point its probably just breaking into the top ten. Emperor as a band has also made a steady rise and are now easily one of my top ten bands. Yeah for some reason certain bands just take a long time to click in my head.

Ageless said:
I've been working for basically a week+ straight and have been listening to plenty of music and have been (re)discovering a lot of albums and bands I have overlooked, one of those being Nile. I used to think they sucked! But have been listening to them whilst working on my Death Metal presentation and making wallpapers out of band logo's and have really taken to these guys. Tis strange how things like this happen, I still think they're at their best in the slower brooding songs than the hyper fast maelstroms. Now I have no idea why it is I didn't like them in the first place.

I'll post a link to a Nile wallpaper I'm making later.
I thought you didn't like them kind of vocals?? ;) See, its an acquired taste. :kickass: