FX Sample Pack in the making - requests?

what would you recommend on a frying pan hit with a hammer? I used a 57 close up and a SDC for a mono room sound.

I'd maybe use the SDC a little closer (engage the pad!) to pick up the whole sound. Then some great reverb (Bricasti/whatever you have) for a lushious tail. :)

I bet the frying pan creates fantastic sounds!

yeah I put a bricasti impulse on it actually. I should have experimented more with the condenser. I put it like 5 feet away from the pan with the 57 about 6 inches away. Then I put a little distortion on it and eq with the reverb. Sounded pretty cool actually. Here is how it sounded

Last edited by a moderator:
Team up with Jeff to do a Ball Clap Ambient Special Edition pack.

That is destined to happen lol :lol:

yeah I put a bricasti impulse on it actually. I should have experimented more with the condenser. I put it like 5 feet away from the pan with the 57 about 6 inches away. Then I put a little distortion on it and eq with the reverb. Sounded pretty cool actually. Here is how it sounded

Great for a suspense effect! Imagine a movie trailer for some horror/thriller stuff ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Machines! Mechanical sounds. Motors, gears, robot-y sounds, wheels turning, stuff like that, plz. :)

This. I have a few machines recorded from a recent jobs I've been on in steel processing factories, except my only recording device was my iPhone, so .... =/

Very cool idea, OP, and I'd throw money at you for it.

One thing I found to sound really awesome was big heavy rigging chains that were thrown down onto a huge metal table in a HUUUUGE warehouse.