FX5200 vs Radeon 9800pro

TB666

Aug 16, 2003
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
Ok, right now I have the geforce FX5200 128 mb video card and I found this Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 PRO, 128MB, 256bit, 8XAGP for 273,99 USD

Spec:
RAMDAC (Hz) 400 MHz
clockfrekvens (ENGINE) KHz 380 MHz
MAX RES 2048x1536
CLOCKFREKVENS (Memory) KHz 680 MHz
Supports the number of monitor 1 X VGA & 1 X DVI/VGA
connection TV-OUT&DVI
Bandwith memory (BIT) 256

1. Will I have better fps for Rome Total war and other games ??
2. Is this card worth the money ??
3. Is there alot of problems with the drivers and that stuff ??

RIP OFF MAN I CAN GET A 256mb DDR2 for retail at that much!
Here you can get a 9800 Pro 128mb 256bit for 199.95 NEW in box.

9800 Pro 128mb > 9800 Pro 256mb, btw.

Yeah, it's a good card and this is a good time to buy them. Mine copes with Doom 3 on the highest details @ 1280x1024 with no problems, and it will certainly be sexy in R:TW. They've decreased in price rather a lot recently, what with the X800 being released.

You'll cream yourself with the difference in performance between your 5200 and it :)

hypocrisy86 said:
RIP OFF MAN I CAN GET A 256mb DDR2 for retail at that much!
Here you can get a 9800 Pro 128mb 256bit for 199.95 NEW in box.

He lives in Sweden though you mong.

hypocrisy86 said:
\

Soo?

Buy it from USA and ship it from there to here... i know lot's of people who do that to save lot's of $$$

And get utterly, utterly raped on import tax. Sweden is the most heavily taxed country in Europe, he'll end up paying more and waiting longer than if he'd just got it from Sweden.

TB666 said:
Does anyone know how long the Hard Drive power connector cable is ??
Because I remember having problem with the hard drive cable being to short.

You can get IDE cables in different lengths. Mine are 45cm if I remember rightly. You can definitely get 60cm ones and possibly longer, but I have a tall case and they reach to the top 5.25" drive bays easily.

I have a tall case to.
I remember me and my brother having trouble with the harddrive because the cable that came with the box was to short and we had a some trouble trying to figure out where to put it.

The ATI 9800 Pro will smoke the 5200FX. If you need help ordering parts or deciding what upgrades to get on your computer let me know. I am working on an actual business to reship us-only orders and custom build pcs.

For the best prices look here: www.newegg.com

DE said:
And get utterly, utterly raped on import tax. Sweden is the most heavily taxed country in Europe, he'll end up paying more and waiting longer than if he'd just got it from Sweden.
Not necessarily. If you're lucky, you don't have to pay any tax or duty on incoming packages. For the record, every time I've bought CD's and stuff from the US I've had no problems, but I was somewhat tax raped when ordering my guitar, but even WITH extortionate taxes it was still cheaper than the guitar would have been in a store in Sweden.

Yes, but you're supposed to pay tax :p I know that a lot of the time you don't get stung for it but, imo anyway, it's not worth the risk (unless the deal's reeeally good).

The best option to order abroad would be Germany. It's inside EU, so the extra costs will be lot less than ordering from US. I assume swedish prices are near finnish ones, so ordering from Germany might save a few euros, if one's willing to wait.

Good idea :) I know lots of people who get photographic gear from Germany, since even with the tax it works out at much, much cheaper than over here. The Germans seem to have it good with tech prices.