Göteborgs Kalaset

I'll be there, for sure. I doubt that there's any times set but as I've heard there's gonna be 4 bands; a yet unknown band, Cult of Luna, Evergrey and Hammerfall.

I guess they're gonna play in that order, but that's just speculation from my side...

Saxiquine said:
Isn't Cult of Luna the band with two drummers who was opening for The Haunted last time they played at Sticky?

I was not at Sticky Fingers that night, hm, due to the circumstances - but hell, it's nice to be young...

From what I've heard, the bands playing that night were Cult of Luna, Merciless and The Haunted so you're spot on there I guess. I doubt that the other two bands got the need for 2 drummers eitch since they've got talent enough in their drummers to create 4 average ones. I haven't heard Cult of Luna at all actually so I don't know much about them but I've read a few interviews and they appear to play a (strange?)combination of subgenres that makes them sort of hard to define and I guess two drummers is like the icing on the cake for them...

I've got a feeling that we might see some changes in our, or hm, my speculative stage schedule since the fourth and last band that has been arranged to play that day appears to be The Haunted.

wow, evergrey, hammerfall, the haunted...can it be any better than that?? maybe if Maiden could come :headbang: they better not play in the afternoon, cause i have to work lol oh well, maybe i can take that day off

Now this might be old news for some of you but still, quoting from www.cultofluna.com;

We're touring Europe in August. Supporting US Poison the well. The tour starts Aug 15th and ends Sept 1st. Unfortenately we have to cancel both 'Göteborgskalaset' and the 'Hole in the sky' festival in Norway due to this tour. Go to shows for complete tour dates.

And it appears as the replacers for them are live debutants; Nightrage. I guess this just keeps on getting better and better. :)

I´m going after Wacken to Göteborg to stay with my brother, after I heard of this gig I prolonged my journey!

Nightrage!
the Haunted
Evergrey
Hammerfall

seen'em all before except Nightrage( the album kills however), I hope Tom does one song with them :)