G3

Haven't seen those out anywhere but I bet they're good! I love Satch and I'm a new Malmsteen convert..Vai I can take or leave. I like him but as I've said before, I think he relies too heavily on his pedals and razzle dazzle sound effects...has he EVER picked up an acoustic guitar?!?! Maybe I'm ignorant and just haven't heard him play acoustic...but I'd be interested to hear that.

When I saw the show Satch outdid the other two. Vai was jsut too boring. Techinically a superb player. But boring as fuck! Only saw the last 5 seconds of Yngwies set tho

I might enjoy that one. Yngwie is a bit of a one-trick pony style wise, but he is the alpha and omega of that style. People have been trying to outplay him in the neo-classical style for over twenty years and have basically failed miserably.
Satch is a very well rounded technician, but he has always seemed to lack "enthusiasm" in his playing. I have "Surfing with the Alien" and it sounds like elevator music. The playing is good but there's no aggression.
I agree with some of the other ones here about Vai. I think he's a gifted guitarist, but he does do a lot of corny tricks. I can name a pretty long list of guitarists that can spank his ass on a "normal" solo.

Bryant