Game of the Year (so far)

I just played through Halo.

It could have been a fucking sweet game but really shitty level design and the repetitive nature of some of the levels limited it.

Like you have to play through the entire mid-section of the game at one point again only.. backwards. Fucking BACKWARDS. There are more + tougher enemies and stuff but still. Give me a break.

Also there were only like, what, maybe 7-10 unique enemies in the whole game? I think the original Doom had more variation in the enemy design.

That said, Bungie is one of my favorite developers (Myth 2 was the game that got me into online gaming) and Halo 2 looks so awesome that I might just pick up an Xbox for it.

The thing that really pisses me off about the PC port of Halo was.. yeah, it was shit, but Bungie was working on the game for the Mac/PC BEFORE they were bought by Microsoft. They had videos and screenshots of the game out running very well on a Mac and the game was slated to be out in like 6-9 months. And then Microsoft bought the company and they made it Xbox exclusive and the game came out like a 1.5-2 years later. They had made a lot of progress with the Mac/PC version so I don't know why the port is so shitty. Ah well. I'm rambling.

UT2004 at the moment, but it'll be a really tough choice between Rome: Total War and Half Life 2 by the end of the year.

Firedwarf said:
The thing that really pisses me off about the PC port of Halo was.. yeah, it was shit, but Bungie was working on the game for the Mac/PC BEFORE they were bought by Microsoft. They had videos and screenshots of the game out running very well on a Mac and the game was slated to be out in like 6-9 months. And then Microsoft bought the company and they made it Xbox exclusive and the game came out like a 1.5-2 years later. They had made a lot of progress with the Mac/PC version so I don't know why the port is so shitty. Ah well. I'm rambling.

You can blame Gearbox for that, not Bungie, they're the ones that handled the PC port.