Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
Gamma Ray & Paragon
Zeche
Bochum
Germany

04/11/02

Absolutely fantastic couple of days.

The venue is not much bigger then the second stage at Bloodstock but it has multiple bars and a balcony (I think it holds about just over a thousand and it must have been almost sold out). It certainly had an outstanding atmosphere and I wish we had a club like it in the UK.

Paragon are a typical German Power Metal band who I'd definitely go and see again. I only have their Law of The Blade album but I'll certainly be getting hold of their others.

Gamma Ray were simply outstanding as per usual. I know their set included:
Intro / Welcome
Gardens Of The Sinner
Rich And Famous
All Of The Damned
No Return
Armageddon
Heavy Metal Universe
One With The World
Rising Of The Damned / Cosmic Chaos
Razorblade Sigh
Heart Of The Unicorn
Last Before The Storm
Victim Of Fate
Shine On
The Silence
Heaven Or Hell
Guardians Of Mankind
Ride The Sky

I think Armageddon was the highlight for me, I just wish my German was better so I could have understood what was happening a bit more. Every time they addressed the crowd I cheered along although I wasn't exactly sure what they were talking about. Also I very was impressed with the stage set up and it was excellent to see Fangface come out and patrol the stage on a tricycle!

Unfortunately I didn't get the time to have a proper chat with the band this time. I just got the chance to briefly say 'hello, etc.' I could have stayed on and spoke to them later but after going 36 hours withouit sleep I was a little tired. Also I wasn't confident I could find my way back to the hotel without getting ripped off by a Turkish Taxi Driver like some other people did.

However I certainly spread the world about 'Wings Of Forever' amongst many of the metal fans and all of them seemed very interested but sadly I couldn't find the CD in any of the record shops there.

Also Gamma Ray are now confirmed at Wacken 2003 along with Iced Earth and Stratovarius. It would be very nice indeed if Powerquest could get on the bill too!

Thanks for the report Eagle. Sounds like you had a great trip. Awesome Gamma Ray setlist too!

As for Wacken 2003, the line up is already shaping up to be pretty cool. We'll be doing our utmost to get on that. Hopefully some good reviews will help us on our way!:cool:

hell yeah! the setlist was awesome!
I want to see Gamma Ray live! :) And I will someday..that's for sure, hehe..Gamma Ray will rule Wacken!
Is it confirmed that Kamelot will show up? Rumors going on..:)

NP: Gamma Ray - Guardians of Mankind :headbang: