Gamma Ray "To The Metal" Video Released!

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
Via Brave Words.com

Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 14:44:53 EST

'To The Metal', the new video from German power metallers GAMMA RAY has been released - click below to view. The clip was directed by Ronald Matthes for Berlin, Germany’s Roax Films

To The Metal will also be released as a collectors’ edition featuring CD and 7” vinyl with two unreleased tracks, completely hand-signed.

To The Metal's album artwork was created by Herve Monjeaud, and will feature the following tracks:

'Rise'
'Deadlands'
'Mother Angel'
'No Need To Cry'
'Empathy'
'To The Metal'
'All You Need To Know'
'Time To Live'
'Shine Forever'
'Breaking Away'

DVD (included in limited-edition version) features a 60-minute documentary shot in HD, featuring interviews, 'making-of-the-album' material, performance footage of classic Gamma Ray songs.

Bonus material:
- three video clips (including 'To The Metal')
- interview with Kai Hansen

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=102273384[/ame]

My opinion: I like it a lot! I think its a good combination of Judas Preist/ Accept/ Hammerfall/Manowar. I can hear a little of each band in there.

Somewhat basic for GR, but a good song. You're right, strong Priest influence showing through again. The song sounds like it came from British Steel-era Priest.
Can't wait for this album. Gamma Ray are one of the best bands on the planet.

Song is basically a carbon-copy of "Metal Gods", which I already consider one of the most boring, overrated metal tunes out there. It's not horrible, but it's certainly not very good either.

That being said, I still have the highest of expectations for the remainder of this record. Gamma Ray are a power metal institution that are still on what I consider one of the best and most consistent multi-album streaks in metal history - going strong since '95.

It's okay, but we shouldn't expect too much from these promotional videos. They usually choose the song that will have the widest appeal and which is instantly accessible on one listen. You usually wont' see the balls out speedy songs or the longer more epic songs or the progressive moments highlighted when they are trying to market the album to a wider audience. Most of us power metal fans will buy the album without hearing a single clip, so we aren't the intended audience for this video.

CD Inzane says that the new Gamma Ray collectors edition is now out of print????? WTF? LOL

How can it be out of print when it hasn't even been released? Comes out January 29th!!!

http://www.cdinzane.com

Under "Coming Soon"

I think I need an explanation of this!

It's okay, but we shouldn't expect too much from these promotional videos. They usually choose the song that will have the widest appeal and which is instantly accessible on one listen. You usually wont' see the balls out speedy songs or the longer more epic songs or the progressive moments highlighted when they are trying to market the album to a wider audience. Most of us power metal fans will buy the album without hearing a single clip, so we aren't the intended audience for this video.

Exactly. I think this will probably end up being one of the weaker tracks on the album. It's pretty common to do this.

Song is basically a carbon-copy of "Metal Gods", which I already consider one of the most boring, overrated metal tunes out there. It's not horrible, but it's certainly not very good either.

I thought that within the first few seconds and kept thinking that the entire song.

Not thrilled with this song but still cannot wait for the album. I am actually watching my Heading for the East DVD right now, I forgot how great they were with Scheepers in the band. I do not listen to this era of Gamma Ray enough and need to change that quick!