Garageband Project Lost?!?

Unavailable

May 28, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Currently recording a band about 60 miles from where I live every weekend. I have to use my girlfriends macbook and garageband to get the raw audio files, which I will then transfer to my comp to mix.

However, one project decided to die on me. At one point, I tried freezing a track just for fun. I didn't even need to do it, but after I unfroze it, the project wouldn't play, and it would bring up an error stating: "Garageband has detected a possible conflict between one or more third party MIDI or Audio Drivers.

Be sure to install the latest drivers for all audio and MIDI equipment connected to your computer. For instructions on removing older drivers consult the manufacturer's documentation."

This is the only project it happens on. I'm running a firepod as the interface.

Any ideas?

None, but I hate garageband. Can't mix anything down in anything but mp.4 or whatever it is format. As far as finding the files, I derno can you check the directory where they got recorded to?

Yeah, I have the raw files, but I don't know which guitar track is which because they are all DIs. You can mix down individual tracks to AIFF as well. Then I just convert them to wav.

Fortunately I got a new laptop, but I have to finish this project with garageband just for continuity.

Update: I was just working with the guys and a second project started giving this error. Now I know garageband isn't much, but what does it take just to record some raw tracks without trouble?