Garm Sideproject I just discovered...

Garm has myspace? heh, I find that funny for some reason. Yeah i'll definitely be checking this out, Kris seems to have some kind of musical midas touch with pretty much every genre he's experimented in.

Heh, he's a Zappa fan, for some reason that doesn't surprise me :D

I was also super suprised to learn that Garm is only 29, which would mean he was seventeen when Ulver started. Easily the most mature person in the Norwegian Black Metal scene, I guess. :p

karpsmom said:
Cornelius from Solefald was only 16 or 17 when Solefald began! Satyr started Satyricon when he was around that age also!

Interesting with Solefald also. I know a lot of people, in the Norwegian scene especially, started very young. But Ulver's (and Solefald's I guess) music has a maturity beyond a good deal of the other bands, so I kind of just assumed that Garm was older than them.

Wasn't one of the Enslaved guys 13 when they 'started' the band (before any releases)? I think Daniel Gildenlöw was very young as well when he 'started' Pain of Salvation, but didn't release the demo until very much later.

And yeah, I heard the first tunes by Head Control System (or Sindrome as it was back then) some time in the summer, and a few months ago I checked their myspace again to notice they had changed their name and would release the album soon. Along with the new Amorphis it's gonna be my first purchases of 2006.