Gates Of Metal 2005

Hello everyone,

this is about - guess - the upcoming edition of Gates Of Metal. Since dark tranquillity are playing, I thought it would be worth an own thread (so not within "Festvals 2005").

Historical questions: Has anyone here already been at Gates Of Metal before? Did you like it? Is it worth the money and travel? (OK, in fact, every festival is, right?) How about organization, food/ drink prices? Just tell us, please!

Is anyone going there this year? Since I'll be in sweden from the 23rd or 24th of July, I'm thinking of a visit because no ther festivals for me so far. Quite cool bands (except DT, Moonsorrow and Amon Amarth, for example), so it would be nice to be there (and hopefully meet some of you!!!).

And now:

DISCUSS!!!

;)

i wanted to go but i still live with my parents and i know they will say no its to far away and i dont wanna pay for it...

Schwedentod said:
Hello everyone,

this is about - guess - the upcoming edition of Gates Of Metal. Since dark tranquillity are playing, I thought it would be worth an own thread (so not within "Festvals 2005").

Historical questions: Has anyone here already been at Gates Of Metal before? Did you like it? Is it worth the money and travel? (OK, in fact, every festival is, right?) How about organization, food/ drink prices? Just tell us, please!

Is anyone going there this year? Since I'll be in sweden from the 23rd or 24th of July, I'm thinking of a visit because no ther festivals for me so far. Quite cool bands (except DT, Moonsorrow and Amon Amarth, for example), so it would be nice to be there (and hopefully meet some of you!!!).

And now:

DISCUSS!!!

;)

Cool! How about a new thread for all the Euro shows? It seems you're allowed. We were confined to one thread by the mod, so you folks should take full advantage!! :p

yes im going but have never been there before. im going for two reasons - dark tranquillity and dimmu borgir . just cant stand i havnt seen them live yet. its worth to go there just for the metalpeople

ok i'll try to find you there, and if i dont find you, just look for a swedish girl with lightbrown hair - cant be that hard :) if i find you -you pay for the beer, if you find me -the beer is on me hehe
...are you going by train or bus?