Gates of metal show to be broadcasted (radio/online)

I will be able to get hold of a good recording of this that is not ripped from the stream. I will then be able to send it for someone else to host it.

Tranquillian said:
I will be able to get hold of a good recording of this that is not ripped from the stream. I will then be able to send it for someone else to host it.
the other 'someone else' guy is me :)
plz contact me in private or by email: nt3n [at] darkillity [dot] net

solefald said:
is it legal to talk here about some methods ar to record this stream?

Rahvin/ Niklas your opinion???

i'm not sure about the way it works in sweden, but as far as i know recording from the radio is like taping a show from tv. so it should be ok to talk about it.

i'd still suggest keeping links off the forum, but you can post that you have it on your page.

@Erik: well usually the quality of streams is better than the one from radios.. unless someone is able to catch an high-quality digital broadcasting (for example from the satellite)

no, the quality of the streams will UNDOUBTEDLY be MUCH and SIGNIFICANTLY worse than a radio broadcast. this is a non debatable fact. the streams are fucking low bitrate WMA and RealAudio -- ALMOST SUFFICIENT for listening but recording and encoding to an mp3 for distribution? NO. the radio broadcast is MPEG-2 at 384 kbps probably and i don't know about italy but we have pretty fucking decent analog FM reception here so for a live broadcast like this it should be MORE than ENOUGH

of course, there is also digital radio but NOONE has DAB

I am just counting on the ripper eyeserse to rip the P3 live concert as usual. He always does releases for the metal concerts from swedish radio. 192 k mp3 as usual.

Erik said:
no, the quality of the streams will UNDOUBTEDLY be MUCH and SIGNIFICANTLY worse than a radio broadcast. this is a non debatable fact. the streams are fucking low bitrate WMA and RealAudio -- ALMOST SUFFICIENT for listening but recording and encoding to an mp3 for distribution? NO. the radio broadcast is MPEG-2 at 384 kbps probably and i don't know about italy but we have pretty fucking decent analog FM reception here so for a live broadcast like this it should be MORE than ENOUGH

of course, there is also digital radio but NOONE has DAB
well probably this is coz in italy FM reception is so bad u can't even talk about quality... anyway, can u rip the radio stream to get an mp3 somehow?

well, i could, but i don't actually own a radio receiver at the moment. probably what tranquillian says about eyeserse is true though, so there will VERY LIKELY be a quality rip out shortly after the broadcast.

ok great! as soon as u have the ripped versione in mp3, please tell me that we can manage a transfer.. i'll then upload the rip on my webhost so to have a wider bandwidth for people to download :)