G'Burg DVD....Congrats Mark!

riverwarrior

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2004
Earlier this morning I purchased the new "Gettysburg 1863" DVD. I have finished watching it and just want to say a huge thank you to Mark for all your hard work, pictures, and production.

I love history and heavy metal, so this DVD is a perfect combo.

Again Mark, thanks for your time and efforts in this production.

Best regards,
Marc
(West Virginia)

Much appreciated!!!!

I've been a history buff since I was a kid, so I jumped at the chance to work on this project. I put a lot of work (about 14 months) into it, so I'm glad to see it released.

Mark

Well since I live in the middle of nowhere currently. (Northern Michigan)
I am going to have to make the one hour drive to civilization to pick this up.
Glad it's finally done, Iam well aware of the work that went into this.

*Must be quite a Glorious Burden lifted from Mark's shoulders...:zombie:

*I know that was the worst joke ever...

Can Mark or anyone who has seen the DVD enlighten me as to what is on it? I'm wavering on purchasing it. I'm an Iced Earth fan, and really dig the TGB trilogy. I do like the Civil War (though I'm not nearly as geeked about it as say, my father-in-law). I've been to Gettysburg and it's a fantastic place to visit and learn. I'm intrigued by the fact that they've made a metal DVD out of the norm.

That being said, I'm not really into watching "music videos" anymore. The one description I read says "The Iced Earth epic ... is accompanied by atmospherically dense pictures". I don't know what that means and it sounds like a classic vague marketing statement. I also don't yet have a 5.1 system, so the 5.1 re-mix isn't too useful. I downloaded the trailer, but that didn't detail anything. What am I getting for my $22 here?

Thanks in advance.

Force10 said:
Can Mark or anyone who has seen the DVD enlighten me as to what is on it? I'm wavering on purchasing it. I'm an Iced Earth fan, and really dig the TGB trilogy. I do like the Civil War (though I'm not nearly as geeked about it as say, my father-in-law). I've been to Gettysburg and it's a fantastic place to visit and learn. I'm intrigued by the fact that they've made a metal DVD out of the norm.

That being said, I'm not really into watching "music videos" anymore. The one description I read says "The Iced Earth epic ... is accompanied by atmospherically dense pictures". I don't know what that means and it sounds like a classic vague marketing statement. I also don't yet have a 5.1 system, so the 5.1 re-mix isn't too useful. I downloaded the trailer, but that didn't detail anything. What am I getting for my $22 here?

Thanks in advance.

I posted a reply over at the Iced forum here on ultimate metal.

Also, you should be able to get it for about $15.

Mark

Briody said:
I posted a reply over at the Iced forum here on ultimate metal.

Also, you should be able to get it for about $15.

Mark

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I'll likely make the purchase - the wife also likes Civil War stories and is not completely averse to metal, she might actually engoy it more than me!

The End Records has it listed at $22, and that's what I went by. I'll look elsewhere for it.

Once they take these damnable contact lenses out of my eyes so I can see to drive (eye surgery, woohoo) and of course stop putting me into a deep drug induced coma (narcotics and steriods...and I hate taking drugs...so they lay me out!) I'm picking it up...though I always preferred IE with Barlow at the helm...

I'd better give my kids equal time on this forum: