DVD news...

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
US power metallers ICED EARTH are set to release their new double DVD, Gettysburg, on June 6th through Steamhammer. The first DVD is 132 minutes in length and features Dolby Digital 5.1 (Metal Mix), Dolby Digital 5.1 (Orchestral Mix) and Dolby Digital 2.0. Special features include Gettysburg Battlefield Tour, Spirit Of '76, Photo Gallery, Trailer, Scene selection and Lyrics (optional). DVD 2 is 63 minutes in length with the following special features: 'When The Eagle Cries' (Video), 'The Reckoning' (Video) and Jon Schaffer Interview.

Here is a description of Gettysburg from the Steamhammer sales sheet:

Iced Earth frontman Jon Schaffer isn't one of those metal musicians who only want to entertain their fans with their music. On the contrary, Schaffer uses his compositions to acquaint his fans with historic events and to kindle their interest in subjects that they probably wouldn't have access to otherwise. He has repeatedly proved to be an artist who is fascinated by politics and history and looks beyond the boundaries of his genre, basing his songs on educational objectives. Iced Earth's 2003 album, The Glorious Burdon, was a milestone in terms of music and subject matter. Particularly the concert version of 'Gettysburg (1863)' is a successful opener to a historic chapter that is directly linked to the contemporary US. The brand-new double DVD of the same name is about to round off Schaffer's ambitious project.

In three parts ('The Devil To Pay', 'Hold At All Costs', 'High Water Mark'), Iced Earth narrate the historic events that took place in that legendary location in Pennsylvania in July 1863, when the Confederate troops met the Union in the most blood-soaked battle ever on American soil. Iced Earth and their Gettysburg DVD chronicle this dramatic historic subject in language, images and sound more comprehensively than any other rock band before them.

"I've visited the original battle sites several times and read a lot of books about the subject", says Schaffer. "But I'd never claim to be a Gettysburg expert. I can still find out much more about it because I've realized: the more you study this battle, the more different points of view you'll discover."

Well, aside from the heavy self-fellatio that blurb reeked of, I'm intrigued. This could be decent, at least.

There better be a fair amount of music on that DVD and not just historical shite.

Fucking ridiculous and stupid, I don't want a history documentary lesson. I could rent a really killer violent war movie if I wanted too instead. This is the entire problem with Iced Earth. After 'Night of The Stormrider' music became unimportant not being a first priority due to jon. I want to hear riffs,songs and solos again god damn it. After Randall left the band it was no longer Iced Earth. It is sad Jon thinks he's Iced Earth when he can't even back up how great he is. He does not even have to be amazing. Just write good songs/ riffs again and keep a band. Let the other band members contribute playing their instruments as good as they can.

He let the last guitarist write what 2,3 little solos on the last cd, no wonder he quit. Jon is a fucking jackass. He should become a teacher in school and quit playing guitar.

if you go to ww.cdinzane.com they have it for preorder along with a brief descrition of it.

ICED%20EARTH-GETTYSBURG%20DVD.JPG

Why would someone pay for a history lesson from an individual that barely has a high school education when you could turn on the History Channel and get more information from not one, but several individuals that have spent years studying the battle of Gettysburg and have Ph.D.'s in history. I'd rather have Schaffer give a lecture on the art of recycling riffs so that most people will never notice your complete lack of creativity over the past several years.

yeah I guess. He does have the freedom to make what he pleases and you have the choice of whether or not to buy it.

Lopes said:
Why would someone pay for a history lesson from an individual that barely has a high school education... I'd rather have Schaffer give a lecture on the art of recycling riffs so that most people will never notice your complete lack of creativity over the past several years.

:lol: :lol:

:worship:

Word, muthafuckin negro. Word.

Iced Earth= Done. Well Fucking Done.

BlindPanzer said:
yeah I guess. He does have the freedom to make what he pleases and you have the choice of whether or not to buy it.

Thanks for the education. I appreciate the knowledge. By the way, you know the sun rises and sets everyday too. Just so you know. :erk:

Firehead said:
Thanks for the education. I appreciate the knowledge. By the way, you know the sun rises and sets everyday too. Just so you know. :erk:

well you're welcome... I had just seen your previous posts and thought I should write something on par to your education, or lack there of.

Lopes said:
Exactly, I lost my ability to "give it a chance" when they suckered me into buying TGB with promises of quality.
AH! Same for me, I spent 38$ CAN (which means something like 32$ US) to get their "special" edition of TGB with 2 cds and that's my worst purchase ever.

N.B. Cds are so expensive in stores that now I only order them on the net for half the price.