The Glorious Cheesefest

By the way, i am not sticking up for his (Orome) post. I think that is just as stupid. Judging from what jon has said in the past about not wanting poseurs and fair-weather fans of his music, i am sure he would be glad you aren't joining the rest of us in purchasing the album. I am speaking from the standpoint of reading many interviews and i believe this is accurate, though admited not from the mouth of Jon himself so dont give it too much merit. But man, iced... that doesn't make you look good either. If he says the albums going to be about us attacking "savages" (which it's not... that's not really what the war was about now was it??) then you aren't making much of a case by bringing up nazis.

Timmeth said:
I didn't have a problem learning about the history of Germany. I don't see why you would have a problem learning about the History of the USA. Why are you making yourself ignorant? Quite frankly, you should grasp this opportunity. There's no need to close your mind to something.

I want to say sorry to all american i annoyed with me previous post. Maybe i am too sensitively about national proud because it is forbidden in germany. Maybe i have a prejudgement about such things because often movies and a lot of music coming from america is patriotic nowadays.
I hope i made something clear now I want no beaf in this forum.

theodyssey said:
man, that's not cool bringing nazi's into it. most germans didn't want the nazi's to do that shit. and most of the "nazi" army was the german army from what i understand... they were taking orders, not acting as they wished. No wonder the rest of the world sees us as fuckin' ignorant.

The same goes for us. Do you think everyone was for the wars we were in? Didn't think so.

Soul of a new Machine said:
Come on guys! Wait till you see the final result!
Look at St-Anger, how much people bragged it would be the next master of puppets, and it's light years away...
I don't give a fuck of what a band have to say about their newest material when it's not released yet. They work their ass for it and are proud of themselves, that doesn't mean it'S good or bad, just that they are proud of it and like it for themselves.
:)

This is the most intellegent thing I've heard RE: hype for some time :) Props to you mate!

Orome said:
I want to say sorry to all american i annoyed with me previous post. Maybe i am too sensitively about national proud because it is forbidden in germany. Maybe i have a prejudgement about such things because often movies and a lot of music coming from america is patriotic nowadays. I hope i made something clear now I want no beaf in this forum.

Some people tend to confuse Patriotism with Nationalism.

American history doesn't really appeal to me just as I'm sure that the majority of post 18th Century Brit History wouldn't appeal that much to an American. Maybe pre 17th Century British history might do because America was originally a Brit colony but you won you're Independence and that's fine and I can see where you were coming from, If I discovered another country and colonized it and Blair wanted to rule me then I'd fight for my independence too. Currently I'm ashamed to live in my country but I won't bore you all with my rantings on politics. Anyway despite not being interested in American History I'm still very much looking forward to TGB. There's no doubt that Jon will have done his re-search and the lyrics will come from his heart. I'm confident that it's going to be a masterpiece. I can't wait for the release date.

@Orome.

Patriotism is following a certain idealology and making sure that that idealology is protected from everyone and itself. Nazism is more of a cult to me and not an idealology. Patriotism is about making your country a better place.

Nationalism is about following one leader blindly. Now there are some people in the US who do this but you have to understand, Bush isn't going to be in office forever. Well, when Europe unites itself, it can play the world power for a while. I'm sure the US is tired. Besides, we have to clean up the cities and reform education in this country. I'm much to busy worrying about meeting my own needs then meeting others.

Also, American history is no worse then German History. But I'm more proud of my history because of what we fought for. I'm not trying to make you shamed of Germany, there are things that my nation has done that was shameful. But we have tried to make up for these wrongs.

Timmeth said:
Lets put it this way...

No countries history has a clean slate

That`s it.

I thought about this theme and i come to this conclusion:
Both countries, germany and america, wouldn`t be the same without ech other. Many imigrants came from germany and changed the face of the US (for example Schaffer is a name which has german roots) and a german man invented printing. Many technologies without we can`t live today came from america (the lightbulb, computer...).

Nuclear Vampire said:
As far as I'm concerned, Iced Earth has been an "epic" band ever since the Night Of The Stormrider album smashed everyones heads in. How about songs like Dante's Inferno. Not "epic"? The Something Wicked Trilogy? The Phantom Opera Ghost?

Iced Earth are like Dream Theater to me; I respect the talent but don't think they have done anything decent with it. And their Maiden covers sound like parodies except for Transylvannia.

manuelgv said:
what does it matter if he's egoistical? it's not like he's gonna go to your house and talk you down or something.
As long as the music is good then I don't care if he likes to think of himself as the biggest cock on the planet

Hey Manny, it's been awhile, eh? I agree with your post, God knows I am the biggest cock on the Planet and I still get laid and with an exMarine and three guys over 6'3, my band will kick all of your gay ass reaming gerbal lovers too, as we like to say over here in Hell, If you don't like it, I don't give a shit. :Spin:

Iced In Flames said:
Maine is hell? I likve a mile from the city with the highest murder rate in the US. What is that then?

Damn, i hate uptight people, i was just given people shit, take it easy, and if you lived in assbackwoods maine, you would say it is hell too, I mean fuck.

P.S. If you don't have to live there, don't if you're stuck there, well, piss to you then.