GEAR HELP/RECORDING/OPINIONS

TOMB

Devour Thy Sins
May 12, 2009
UK
Hi Guys.

Just to let you know I am recording my band currently and our style is a mix of bands such as - Between the buried and me/suicide silence/bring me the horizon/architects. (just thought i would let you know the style as this may be a factor in your answers to my questions.

1. What do you use as an interface for the guitar to go in and to the computer. (I am currently using a POD XT Pro which is connected to the Mac via USB, is that going to produce good enough sound quality? If not what do I need. (Cost isn't an issue)

2. What interface is good all round? I am currently using the Presonus Firestudio Project for Drums/Vocals. It is pretty Crap. I have had to Tweak the shit out of the drums using Drumagog and several inserts to make the drums sound beefy and full. I need something with at least 8 Inputs and something that give me Top end sound quality.

Thanks for your help, Really like your work.

First thing: To get a Top End sound quality, you need Years of PRACTICE. You have to learn about mics placements and all these shits.
Second thing: I don't think you can get a top end sound quality also if you will use the best interface in the world, because the 85% of a good sound is the way it's recorded (musicians and recording tecniques, mixing tecniques, mastering tecniques) and not the audio interface (you can get pretty cool results with the firestudio/firepod and all these interfaces), and if it's your first experience (it seems, thinking about your questions) it will not be a top end sound quality.
You have to start practicing every day,studying books and forums, trying different mic positions, buying equipment, etc etc etc. I started 4 years ago and my first works sucked. But every work you do, you improve in something.
But you can't pretend the quality of top album, as your first work :)

First thing: To get a Top End sound quality, you need Years of PRACTICE. You have to learn about mics placements and all these shits.
Second thing: I don't think you can get a top end sound quality also if you will use the best interface in the world, because the 85% of a good sound is the way it's recorded (musicians and recording tecniques, mixing tecniques, mastering tecniques) and not the audio interface (you can get pretty cool results with the firestudio/firepod and all these interfaces), and if it's your first experience (it seems, thinking about your questions) it will not be a top end sound quality.
You have to start practicing every day,studying books and forums, trying different mic positions, buying equipment, etc etc etc. I started 4 years ago and my first works sucked. But every work you do, you improve in something.
But you can't pretend the quality of top album, as your first work :)

+1 ! also get a tube amp dude.. with the pod u can get a really good sound, but with the right tube amp u can get a way much better sound..