Drivers for linux?

Ganks

Nov 1, 2009
Does anyone know if there are any Presonus FireStudio drivers for Linux? I'm currently dual-booting Linux and would like to connect my interface.

Am i shit out of luck? :erk:

I'm not an expert on this shit, but I found it impossible finding drivers for almost anything for Linux Ubuntu... Even finding the codecs for playing a dvd was a complete pain in the ass. Do you still have a copy of windows you can use?

Goddd. Linux is so much better than Windows, though.

But yeah, i'm dual-booting Linux and Windows Vista on my PC.
I would really love to wipe Windows off though. But i guess i will have to wait until i just get another computer to do that.

nothing for the firestudio so far i think.

ECHO AudioFire 2
ECHO AudioFire 4
ECHO AudioFire 8
ECHO AudioFire 12
Edirol FA-101
Edirol FA-66
ESI Quatafire 610
Focusrite Saffire
Focusrite Saffire LE
Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O
Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O
Mackie Onyx Mixer FireWire Option
Terratec Producer Phase 88 Rack FireWire
TerraTec Producer Phase24
TerraTec Producer Phase X24
TerraTec Producer MIC 2/MIC 8 FireWire

all supported fully by ffado at the moment

check http://www.ffado.org/ for more info

Mannn.
I checked out that site earlier, but i was hoping that someone knew of something else.

I saw responses from like 2007. :/
That was a little disheartening.

Oh, well. I guess i will just have to switch back to Windows if i want to listen to music on my monitors. :(
Or do anything with my interface, for that matter.

Can the FireStudio work in standalone mode?

A while ago, I would set-up my MOTU to pass the SPDIF in to my monitors. Then I used a Linux compatibile Soundblaster that had a SPDIF out. So I wasn't listening through the interface per-se, but at least it was all digital. But the MOTU could be run without the computer and pass audio via the internal mixer.

I know that Presonus now has the internal mixer, but I don't know if they will work standalone. Just another option.

Or run them through a monitor controller and switch them.

I think that you really only have one option and that is what aortizjr just said above.
The Presonus FireStudio probably wont have a Linux driver ever unless the company cooperates
with open source developers and publish the device protocols.
My machine is dual boot XP/Fedora and I have a RME sound card with SPDIF interface which is
recognised by both Windows and Linux. The SPDIF interface from the RME is connected to the
Fast Track Ultra, you could do something similar with the FireStudio.