Gearbox Gold for $99???

Jan 10, 2005
It seems, according to MF anyway, that Gearbox is being cleared out. Maybe something better is coming along? Anyway, they are selling either bundle (silver or gold) for $99.

I'm looking for a sim to do blues/blues-rock tones (SRV, Hendrix, Mayer, etc.) and was considering Amplitube Hendrix or just Amplitube 2 (for $100 more the full-blown A2 has a LOT more shit to choose from). However, I'm familiar with Line6's GUI and sounds and controls already from previous ownership of their products. On the other hand, I have been toying with Amplitube's newest freeware sim (uno or something like that) and I am actually really liking the sounds I can get with just the two amps that offers...really good blues tones. So, in a way, I'm becoming really familiar with IK's GUI.

For metal I have a real amp and cab already...

Good deal? Or should I go with the Amplitube 2/Hendrix instead?

~006

To each thier own but I can't stand amplitube. I haven't sat down to fuck with it intensly but eh I though it was so so.

BTW you can get a 2 week long unrestricted demo of amplitube 2 or hendrix to give it a go, then it introduces white noise. But still very good as far as evaluations go.

I didn't care much for my experience with Amplitube demos, but I'll probably buy Gearbox off you if you don't like it. Just let me get a goddamned paycheck in and I'll cover you if it's not what you're after.

Jeff

Yeah, I bought the Gearbox Plugin Gold for $99 on their site. It has plenty amp models to crunch blues and classic rock tones.

I think I'm going to nab the $99 GearBox deal while it lasts...

If I'm not happy Jeff I'll let you know. :)

~006