Geez I hope they play something new on Big 4 show

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Anything will do. Fight Em would be great. Just something to display Anthrax isn't completely a retro 80s band that they showed on the first Big 4 run in Europe. Looking forward to seeing the setlist.

id b expecting a slight change it setlist,maybe 1 new song thrown in,i do think they will vary the classic setlist for next stages on big four.

They won't be doing much new material. Probably "Fight Em" but even that isn't new anymore.

They are the opening band will probably get a 30 minute set. So it will be the same songs you have seen the past few years.

Caught in a Mosh
Indians
Anti Social
AIR
Among The Living
Madhouse

I live only about 1 hour away from the Big 4 and am not going. As stated I fucking despise Metallica. The fact they are the headliners at a Thrash Metal festival makes me want to vomit. They are the biggest sell out fags of all time.

I went to the Slayer, Megadeth, Testament show and the Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax show in the past year. Slayer deserves the headlining spot.

I am sure the Big 4 would be fun if you had a good seat and didn't mind dropping over 150 per ticket, spending 100 in gas and food etc.

I'll wait to see Anthrax again when they are back as a headliner and don't play the same predictable songs

They won't be doing much new material. Probably "Fight Em" but even that isn't new anymore.

They are the opening band will probably get a 30 minute set. So it will be the same songs you have seen the past few years.

Caught in a Mosh
Indians
Anti Social
AIR
Among The Living
Madhouse

I live only about 1 hour away from the Big 4 and am not going. As stated I fucking despise Metallica. The fact they are the headliners at a Thrash Metal festival makes me want to vomit. They are the biggest sell out fags of all time.

I went to the Slayer, Megadeth, Testament show and the Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax show in the past year. Slayer deserves the headlining spot.

I am sure the Big 4 would be fun if you had a good seat and didn't mind dropping over 150 per ticket, spending 100 in gas and food etc.

I'll wait to see Anthrax again when they are back as a headliner and don't play the same predictable songs

I know there's been something of a truce between you and everyone else on here recently, but for fuck sake, maybe you should stop moaning about Anthrax being predictable and stop being so predictable yourself.
Slayer aren't headlining because they've been mediocre since about 1990. Hey, look, just like Metallica! So Metallica haven't been as "heavy" as Slayer but Slayer haven't written great songs since about 1990 either, just like Metallica - who cares about "heaviness" or "selling out" if the songs are bland?
Neither of them deserve the fucking success they've achieved in the past twenty years. You always just moan about Metallica and seem to be oblivious to the fact Slayer have been boring and mediocre for TWO FUCKING DECADES!
Both bands have been shit for decades! - in comparison to their 80's heyday. So Metallica did soft shit - big deal, the songwriting was no worse than the tracks on recent Slayer albums. Whether a band is "heavy" or not has no bearing on how good they are to me, it's about the songs. And both Metallica and Slayer have been equally poor over twenty years. I'd much rather listen to "King Nothing" or this
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDBLhdSy5t4&feature=related[/ame]

than this boring nonsense, which takes the Divine Intervention forumula (already watered down Slayer) to new lows:

I mean, that solo break around 1:17 - how many fucking times are they going to do that exact same thing in a song?!
Fuck Slayer, fuck "heaviness" or "realness" give me good songs. Slayer, in no way, deliver over Metallica, outwith that horrendous St Anger. So get off your high horse (as your favourite vocalist once sang).

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, 'Fight 'Em' is really a NEW song, they already played it with Nelson when they opened for Maiden 3 years ago.

Yes - all of us on this board know that.

But it'll be NEW to 99% of the audience at the big 4 shows.

I know there's been something of a truce between you and everyone else on here recently, but for fuck sake, maybe you should stop moaning about Anthrax being predictable and stop being so predictable yourself.
Slayer aren't headlining because they've been mediocre since about 1990. Hey, look, just like Metallica! So Metallica haven't been as "heavy" as Slayer but Slayer haven't written great songs since about 1990 either, just like Metallica - who cares about "heaviness" or "selling out" if the songs are bland?
Neither of them deserve the fucking success they've achieved in the past twenty years. You always just moan about Metallica and seem to be oblivious to the fact Slayer have been boring and mediocre for TWO FUCKING DECADES!
Both bands have been shit for decades! - in comparison to their 80's heyday. So Metallica did soft shit - big deal, the songwriting was no worse than the tracks on recent Slayer albums. Whether a band is "heavy" or not has no bearing on how good they are to me, it's about the songs. And both Metallica and Slayer have been equally poor over twenty years. I'd much rather listen to "King Nothing" or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDBLhdSy5t4&feature=related

than this boring nonsense, which takes the Divine Intervention forumula (already watered down Slayer) to new lows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQcN4xS9EE

I mean, that solo break around 1:17 - how many fucking times are they going to do that exact same thing in a song?!
Fuck Slayer, fuck "heaviness" or "realness" give me good songs. Slayer, in no way, deliver over Metallica, outwith that horrendous St Anger. So get off your high horse (as your favourite vocalist once sang).

Divine Intervention is bad ass
God Hates of All is bad ass
Christ Illusion is bad ass
World Painted Blood is bad ass

The only Slayer album that I don't like in this period is the Diabolous album.

Say what you want. They never one time sold out, even when metal was at it's lowest point, bands like Metallica were playing pussy rock n roll. And Slayer was still doing extreme speed/thrash metal. They never gave a fuck and just kept doing their thing. They never once cared about people like you that got tired of their formula. They have always been SLAYER and will never change because people like you moan.

Go to a Slayer gig and see all of the die hards. You won't see that in a Metallica audience that is half filled with corporate pussies, mtv chicks, etc.

Slayer is the only band that puts a big middle finger up to that entire scene. Metallica embraced it. Metallica used to be anti mainstream, anti corporate america etc, but the black album brought them into that scene and the ran off into the sunset with it.

Now that metal is semi 'cool' again Metallica decides to go and try to write a Thrash Metal album, Death Magnetic. Which is a feeble attempt to regain their glory.

I am glad there are people like you that haven't given Slayer a listen since Season's in the Abyss it weeds out the weak.

Even that song you linked from youtube is 100 times better than anything Metallica has done in 30 years. The fact that you like King Nothing, Fuel or what ever the fuck speaks volumes and let's me know right away that this debate is over. Have fun with all the MTV girls at the Metallica show dancing to those gay sell out pop songs.

slayer come across as real assholes,they talk shit about anthrax and metallica all the time then when in same room together they hassle them for photos with there girlfriends etc

Divine Intervention is bad ass
God Hates of All is bad ass
Christ Illusion is bad ass
World Painted Blood is bad ass

The only Slayer album that I don't like in this period is the Diabolous album.

Say what you want. They never one time sold out, even when metal was at it's lowest point, bands like Metallica were playing pussy rock n roll. And Slayer was still doing extreme speed/thrash metal. They never gave a fuck and just kept doing their thing. They never once cared about people like you that got tired of their formula. They have always been SLAYER and will never change because people like you moan.

Go to a Slayer gig and see all of the die hards. You won't see that in a Metallica audience that is half filled with corporate pussies, mtv chicks, etc.

Slayer is the only band that puts a big middle finger up to that entire scene. Metallica embraced it. Metallica used to be anti mainstream, anti corporate america etc, but the black album brought them into that scene and the ran off into the sunset with it.

Now that metal is semi 'cool' again Metallica decides to go and try to write a Thrash Metal album, Death Magnetic. Which is a feeble attempt to regain their glory.

I am glad there are people like you that haven't given Slayer a listen since Season's in the Abyss it weeds out the weak.

Even that song you linked from youtube is 100 times better than anything Metallica has done in 30 years. The fact that you like King Nothing, Fuel or what ever the fuck speaks volumes and let's me know right away that this debate is over. Have fun with all the MTV girls at the Metallica show dancing to those gay sell out pop songs.

Seriously. Why don't you go and masturbate at slayer.net if Anthrax and everything else is so shit? I don't get your constant moaning. You're like a 13 year old girl on her first rags when it comes to anything that isn't Slayer around here.

slayer come across as real assholes,they talk shit about anthrax and metallica all the time then when in same room together they hassle them for photos with there girlfriends etc

I can see them talking shit on Metallica for obvious reasons. Even Anthrax turned into bullshit nu metal/ groove metal for a while. Slayer kept doing thrash/speed metal.

They can talk shit on anyone they want because they know they are the only band that kept it real and didn't change to conform to what was 'cool' at the time.

Slayer still has the same attitude they had when they first started. Metallica had that fire, and attitude until the Black Album came out and they took the MTV fame and ran with it. Fuck those guys

This was the setlist. Fight Em appeared, as did Among and AIR - cool.

1.Caught in a Mosh
2.Got the Time
3.Madhouse
4.Among the Living
5.Antisocial
6.Indians
7.Fight 'Em Till You Can't
8.A.I.R.
9.I Am The Law

I can see them talking shit on Metallica for obvious reasons. Even Anthrax turned into bullshit nu metal/ groove metal for a while. Slayer kept doing thrash/speed metal.

They can talk shit on anyone they want because they know they are the only band that kept it real and didn't change to conform to what was 'cool' at the time.

Slayer still has the same attitude they had when they first started. Metallica had that fire, and attitude until the Black Album came out and they took the MTV fame and ran with it. Fuck those guys

No they made the black album because they spent a year and a half on the road playing songs from ...And Justice For All that they felt had become boring. They wanted to simply their sound plus they wanted a record that had real production after both James and Lars fucked up the production on the Justice record.

Seriously. Why don't you go and masturbate at slayer.net if Anthrax and everything else is so shit? I don't get your constant moaning. You're like a 13 year old girl on her first rags when it comes to anything that isn't Slayer around here.

Anthrax was at one time a great Thrash band. But they haven't been in 20 years. Hopefully this next album puts them back where they were before they decided to change their sound.

Metallica changed their sound when Metal wasn't cool any more.

Slayer never did, Iron Maiden never did... many other bands never did. All of those bands to me have much more credibility and deserve to headline thrash metal festivals over pussy fags like Metallica.

I can certainly go to the slayer forums but find it a bit more entertaining on this one, especially when people get so upset about stupid shit like this. If it wasn't for people speaking their extreme opinions like myself this board would be even more dead than it already is. At least I give you something to talk about....

METALLICA ARE A BUNCH OF PUSSY SELL OUTS .... ooohhh so what. Thats my opinion, glad you also have one

Anthrax was at one time a great Thrash band. But they haven't been in 20 years. Hopefully this next album puts them back where they were before they decided to change their sound.

Metallica changed their sound when Metal wasn't cool any more.

Slayer never did, Iron Maiden never did... many other bands never did. All of those bands to me have much more credibility and deserve to headline thrash metal festivals over pussy fags like Metallica.

I can certainly go to the slayer forums but find it a bit more entertaining on this one, especially when people get so upset about stupid shit like this. If it wasn't for people speaking their extreme opinions like myself this board would be even more dead than it already is. At least I give you something to talk about....

METALLICA ARE A BUNCH OF PUSSY SELL OUTS .... ooohhh so what. Thats my opinion, glad you also have one

You know fans like you give Metal a bad name. I could care less if a band stays "true to its roots". If the music is good I will like it, when it comes to metal music at least you are way to close minded and act like a fucking 13 year old who is a bigger poser then Metallica ever is/was or could be. MoRE FuCKInING TROO MeTaL... give me a fucking break.

You know fans like you give Metal a bad name. I could care less if a band stays "true to its roots". If the music is good I will like it, when it comes to metal music at least you are way to close minded and act like a fucking 13 year old who is a bigger poser then Metallica ever is/was or could be. MoRE FuCKInING TROO MeTaL... give me a fucking break.

I don't speak ebonics, so I can't really understand what you just said. But I am glad you like Metallica and will listen to anything you like. Good for you. I am big on credibility, you obviously aren't and just go with 'whatever sounds good'. I have been a metal fan for 36 years and will always speak my opinions about it. I will forever despise Metallica just as you will probably forever worship them. Who cares.

I don't speak ebonics, so I can't really understand what you just said. But I am glad you like Metallica and will listen to anything you like. Good for you. I am big on credibility, you obviously aren't and just go with 'whatever sounds good'. I have been a metal fan for 36 years and will always speak my opinions about it. I will forever despise Metallica just as you will probably forever worship them. Who cares.

So you're nearly FIFTY?! Fuck sake.

And yuo clearly haven't read many of my posts on here - I bought every Slayer album, and liked them, up until Christ Illusion came out. I just think their albums post-Seasons have been generic and bland. Sure they're still alright, but just like Metallica they haven't been truly great in twenty years.
Moaning about Metallica for selling out is irrelevant - all that matters is the music. And Slayer have been no better musically than Metallica for the last two decades.

So did anybody actually see the show? I wanna know who won! Is it true that Tom Araya once again didn't jam with the other bands? What about Gary Holt? I think he's very worthy to join the others on stage.

No Tom or Gary that I can tell. KK is there though.

Last edited by a moderator: