Geez I hope they play something new on Big 4 show

So you're nearly FIFTY?! Fuck sake.

And Slayer have been no better musically than Metallica for the last two decades.

That is where I will completely disagree with you big time. You are going to tell me Load is as good as Divine Intervention? Re-Load is as good as God Hates us All? The Symphony album is as good as Christ Illusion? St. Anger is as good as World Painted Blood?

Give me a break. But thats your opinion and is what it is. But you are trying to compare a speed/thrash band n Slayer with an alternative/rock band in Metallica over the 90's and early 2000s'

Just in credibility alone Slayer wins hands down. But hey to each their own.

That is where I will completely disagree with you big time. You are going to tell me Load is as good as Divine Intervention? Re-Load is as good as God Hates us All? The Symphony album is as good as Christ Illusion? St. Anger is as good as World Painted Blood?

Give me a break. But thats your opinion and is what it is. But you are trying to compare a speed/thrash band n Slayer with an alternative/rock band in Metallica over the 90's and early 2000s'

Just in credibility alone Slayer wins hands down. But hey to each their own.

Load would of been a great record if it was just one CD. You can't sit their with a straight face and say songs like Fixxxer Bleeding Me, or The Outlaw Torn or not great songs. St.Anger was an embarrassment but Death Magnetic was damm good.

I have heard from many people that Musica and God Hates Us All were sub par for Slayer releases and they started to pick up the slack again with Christ Illusion and then World Painted Blood. Pretty much everyone in the "big 4" have had to deal with the same complaints that you have with Metallica. I can't remember how many times I heard people say "Slayer has not done shit since Divine Intervention or Seasons in the Abyss".

Slayer lost the plot for a while. Once Kerry started saying praises towards slipknot and it started to slightly come off in their own music, they lost me for a bit. :guh:

Anyways, I love all anthrax from their first cd on to their last one. I can't wait for the new cd.:kickass:

Load would of been a great record if it was just one CD. You can't sit their with a straight face and say songs like Fixxxer Bleeding Me, or The Outlaw Torn or not great songs. St.Anger was an embarrassment but Death Magnetic was damm good.

I have heard from many people that Musica and God Hates Us All were sub par for Slayer releases and they started to pick up the slack again with Christ Illusion and then World Painted Blood. Pretty much everyone in the "big 4" have had to deal with the same complaints that you have with Metallica. I can't remember how many times I heard people say "Slayer has not done shit since Divine Intervention or Seasons in the Abyss".

With a straight face I can say the Load album and Re-Load albums are the biggest disgrace in the history of any metal band. A band that once was a Thrash Metal band that didn't give a fuck, went and put out an alternative rock album to fit in with the current rock trends. Changed their logo, their look, and their music. They are a disgrace. Most people in this world don't really care, they are just happy-go-lucky and listen to 'whatever sounds good'. That is fine. But I lost all respect for those sell outs and will never again support them in any way. That's my stance on them, if you disagree fine, I don't really care. I am glad you enjoy those Load albums good for you.

You have heard people 'slayer has not done shit since Divine Intervention or Seasons In The Abyss?" well I am here to say they have done some brutal shit since then in the form of God Hates us All, Christ Illusion, and World Painted Blood. Maybe you should go listen to those albums yourself instead of listening to what other people have said about it. Those same people that say that are the ones who also like the Load and Re-Load albums from Metallica.

If you like Load and Re-Load the chances are you really aren't that big of a Speed/Thrash/Death metal fan anyways. So I can see why you would prefer that over Slayer

As usual the original topic is lost in all the opinionated bullshit.

With a straight face I can say the Load album and Re-Load albums are the biggest disgrace in the history of any metal band. A band that once was a Thrash Metal band that didn't give a fuck,

Excuse me. "Fade to Black", "Escape", "One", "Nothing Else Matters". I thought you were nearly 50, you don't seem to be aware of the history of Metallica "selling out" since you think Load and Reload was where that trend began. How come you missed all that?

If you like Load and Re-Load the chances are you really aren't that big of a Speed/Thrash/Death metal fan anyways.

Well, you know what I'm into and I'm sure I'm into heavier shit than you, like it matters in some way (to you it clearly does).

On another note though, it just goes to show how different opinions can be (and many times opinion is formed, unwittingly, by outside influences such as reviews and other press):
I like Diabolus In Musica a LOT, and think God Hates Us All is a fine album too. But I really think Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood are barrell scraping boring, tired efforts. Yet most people seem to think Diabolus and GHUA are Slayer's "nu metal sell out" lowest points and Christ and World Painted were returns to form! :saint:

I'm just really bored with how every single thread here turns into one of the same two arguments, regardless of the topic. I'm convinced someone could start an off-topic thread about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and somehow one of those same two arguments would start up yet again.

Anyway, cool to hear Anthrax played Fight 'Em. Maybe it's not technically a new song anymore, but the majority of folks still haven't even heard it, much less seen it live. I do wish they'd stray from their basic "hits" package though.

No it is utter shit. Just ask Stormwatch :headbang:

Well whoopty doo for you. You've got an opinion. You must feel so proud of yourself. I'm happy for you. Really, I am. I wish I could see you on CNN everynight. Or Fox News. Or even on the local news station's weekend entertainment report, telling it like only you can. Why don't you go with that?

Well whoopty doo for you. You've got an opinion. You must feel so proud of yourself. I'm happy for you. Really, I am. I wish I could see you on CNN everynight. Or Fox News. Or even on the local news station's weekend entertainment report, telling it like only you can. Why don't you go with that?

He doesn't have time. He's a 50 year old thrash metal fan with a mission to spread the word (on this forum, continually).