General production practice

eccilope

Learning Producer
Dec 18, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hey guys, i'm pretty new here, but i've been looking at posts on this forum for about 6 months now, and I feel i've gained a lot of knowledge already, so thanks for that! Anyway, I just wanted some opinions on a sound i'm going for. The riff is from Parkway Drive's 'Carrion', although it might not be 100% correct as I played it off the top of my head for this tone/sound test

http://soundcloud.com/adamnesbitt/carrion-update-1

For drums I used Slate Kick 10, Joey Sturgis' Black and Gold for cymbals, and for the snare I blended the Z3 and Z4 'Unbelievable' Snare samples from Erkan's Organised Samples, all with some pretty basic EQing and Compression.

For guitars I used the Emulated Line Out of my Marshall TSL100 head > Shure X2U 1x1 interface > Reaper. ASEM Recto impulses. High and low passed with some narrow cuts in the 2 - 5K area for harshness, a broad 1K boost to compensate and a fairly narrow cut at 200hz for the snares to cut through a little. I don't currently have what I need to record bass, so obviously the track is lacking balls a little.

Any comments at all would be really appreciated! :D