NEED HELP CHOOSING THESE CYMBAL SAMPLES

kernelxsanders

Bam Bam Boogie Bear!
Jun 11, 2010
Tallahassee, Fl
so lately ive been trying to work on drum samples and i put together a short little riff from a song ive been working on and i cant decide which crash i like better, help me decide? riff1 has an 18" Paiste 2002 that i made from the Paiste website, riff2 uses the PCRASH18 from Erkan's organized samples. all i need is another set of ears to help me decide.

Paiste 2002:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8017980/tests/riff1.mp3

PCRASH18:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8017980/tests/riff2.mp3

also, if somebody can help me with a snare sample, that would be nice, the "paramoresnare" just doesnt cut it for me, i like the snare/kick/toms used in the acacia strain's "wormwood" album, so thats kinda the sound i want to go for, but still with my own touch.

I like more the first one because it more nice to hear riff 2 sound too harsh with the symbals

any chance you can post the paiste sample and tell me how you get more of these ? :)

I like more the first one because it more nice to hear riff 2 sound too harsh with the symbals

any chance you can post the paiste sample and tell me how you get more of these ? :)

thats kinda what i thought as well, though the second one sounds brighter, its a little harsher. but to get these samples, all i did was go to their website and record the sound samples into my DAW. i did it with some paiste's and some zildjians, the one in the clip was the 18" 2002 crash.

sorry to bug you out , but what sampler did you used?
because if it only 1 sample over and over its sound epic lol

all i do is load the samples into acoustica beatcraft, (i know, i hate programmed drums too, but its all i can deal with for now).
and what do you mean by only 1 sample over and over? do you layer them together?

In paiste website there is only 1 sample for each cymbal , at least this what I saw - one for normal edge hit and one for roll..

I'm not a huge fan of those sounds. Honestly, I didn't find many of the crashes useful in the Erkan samples.

I think the first sample sounds good. You might want to look into Sturgis' samples. I use them and they're pretty solid.

i wish i could afford sturgis samples, but right now i have to rely on stuff that i doesnt cost money.

if there are any that somebody can share, i would highly appreciate it.