Generic Post Hardcore Mix/Master

FYI - This is NOT post hardcore. This is more in the veign of a glitchy/emo/crab-core mash-up.

Not trying to be a dick, but classifying this as post hardcore is dissing good bands like Rosetta, or Intronaut, etc.

Ok, that being said, for the type of music it is, sounds pretty good mix wise. The guitars could be tamed a bit more, as they are very fizzy on the high end. POD or podfarm i'm guessing?

What sort of processing did you do for the vocals?

Yeah def. sounds like Underoath. :) Umm.. the vocals are very nice. I'd also love to know what you did to those vocals. Personally I wouldn't spread vocals like that. I think at least 90% of all vocals should be dead center... but the vocal tone is awesome. Center vocals can be that loud but if you spread them they simply can't be that loud since it's killing the mix balance. :) Still the overall mix is very professional sounding.

I'd actually lower the kick some, it sounds good but it's a bit too loud. Toms sound like the kick... might be what you are going for but personally I like toms to sound more like real toms. Guitars sound perfect for this. I would give the snare some more punch. Once again I recommend the SPL Transient Designer for that sound. It will make any snare sound like it's being hit with full power... all the time. :D

FYI - This is NOT post hardcore. This is more in the veign of a glitchy/emo/crab-core mash-up.

Not trying to be a dick, but classifying this as post hardcore is dissing good bands like Rosetta, or Intronaut, etc.

Ok, that being said, for the type of music it is, sounds pretty good mix wise. The guitars could be tamed a bit more, as they are very fizzy on the high end. POD or podfarm i'm guessing?

+1

Hahaha, well I thought it was Generic Post Hardcore I'm sorry if you disagree.
But yes I did use Pod Farm, guitars have limiting on them.
The vocals were actually not recorded by me, the band themselves did them, and they also did the spreads. I had no control over THAT aspect.
I did all the mixing and post processing though.
The vocals just have compression, EQ and some delay at parts.
I hate what he did with the first chorus, but whatever that's them.
I guess simplicity is key in a mix like this!

The mix sounds pretty good on it's own merit, but there's something about the guitars that isn't sitting quite right with me. Seems like a lot of the transient punch is gone. Almost like the picking sound, or picking articulation rather, has been diminished. There also seems to be a weird pumping at 3:25 and the fade out after into the piano section I think could be a little smoother!

The mix sounds pretty good on it's own merit, but there's something about the guitars that isn't sitting quite right with me. Seems like a lot of the transient punch is gone. Almost like the picking sound, or picking articulation rather, has been diminished. There also seems to be a weird pumping at 3:25 and the fade out after into the piano section I think could be a little smoother!

It's an on purpose bass drop effect, to create suspense before the piano part.
Haha and I agree with the piano section.
The band was like "Bro 1500 likes on Facebook and we release this song!" so they kinda rushed me to get it out THAT day -_-

I've run into that. I make sure it's clear with bands I work with that they don't open the door to the posting incentive thing on their networking sites until they have the finished product. I've even had bands post release dates to stuff they haven't finished tracking. Makes you laugh.