GENGHIS TRON Cloak Of Love
Crucial Blast
www.genghistron.com

1. Rock Candy
2. Arms
3. Ride the Steambolt
4. Laser Bitch
5.Sing Disorder
This has to be one of the oddest, yet boldly intriguing releases I have stumbled across this year. I’m not quite sure how to review this or approach it from a metal scribe’s point of view, but let me just say if you like MR. BUNGLE, AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, grind, jazz, techno, ambient, house, keyboard pop, etc., etc., ad nauseum, then you should give Cloak Of Love a listen. This brilliant 13 minute, 5 song EP is just what the doctor ordered to completely annoy that neighbor that won’t stop banging the street corner whore next door; the headboard slamming against the wall, complete with the bitch wailing like a stuck pig. Or perhaps your neighbor likes to mow the yard and weed eat at 7:15 in the morning? Then, I say you wake up at 4:30 in the morning or just stay up that late, and put your speakers out the window and turn it up as loud as it will go. Mom and Dad won’t leave you alone, nagging wife driving you crazy? Then put on headphones and completely mindfuck yourself, you’ll be healthier for it at cd’s end.

For 13 minutes, your community, friends and family won’t know what hit them.

Rating: 8/10
Papa Josh

This is a pretty cool release. Intriguing as hell, although I haven't really heard it enough to settle on a firm opinion. Definitely worth checking out.

Its actually that good? ha! when I first saw it mentioned somewhere, I was expecting a horribly retarded joke of an album.

I'm not certain if I'll like this or consider it another 'Pentagrams All up in My Bling Bling', but I'll download a bit, just for the experience.

I think I need this album, short form usually fits really well with weird shit.

After a few listens of Arms, this isn't even really strange. It's different, but it works amazingly well. I'm impressed, sold.

One Inch Man said:
I don't pay much attention to labels anymore, let me look at their roster, I probably own half of it. :loco:

Huh, I don't have any of those. Been meaning to check out Infidel? / Castro! for awhile.

http://www.myspace.com/genghistron <-- sample, it RULES

Have you checked out that crazy Crucial Blast cd I sent you? I think it was City of Dis or something like that....

No, but I need to. This week I'm going to get a lot of those done, since you and JayK are forcing me to use this outdated review method. :loco:

As metal fans, we call the roads less traveled home.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, yo! :headbang:

Sounds like a cool album, I'll have to give it a spin and a write-up this week.