4. Laser Bitch
5. Sing Disorder

Label: Crucial Blast Records
Release date: 2005
Artist site:
http://www.genghistron.com/
GRADE:
8/10

This has to be one of the oddest, yet boldly intriguing releases I have stumbled across this year. I’m not quite sure how to review this or approach it from a metal scribe’s point of view, but let me just say if you like MR. BUNGLE, AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, grind, jazz, techno, ambient, house, keyboard pop, etc., etc., ad nauseum, then you should give Cloak Of Love a listen. This brilliant 13 minute, 5 song EP is just what the doctor ordered to completely annoy that neighbor that won’t stop banging the street corner whore next door; the headboard slamming against the wall, complete with the bitch wailing like a stuck pig. Or perhaps your neighbor likes to mow the yard and weed eat at 7:15 in the morning? Then, I say you wake up at 4:30 in the morning or just stay up that late, and put your speakers out the window and turn it up as loud as it will go. Mom and Dad won’t leave you alone, nagging wife driving you crazy? Then put on headphones and completely mindfuck yourself, you’ll be healthier for it at cd’s end.

For 13 minutes, your community, friends and family won’t know what hit them.

PJ