Genocide: a good idea?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Okay check this theory out. I'm not a violent person, I may have an anger problem but it is rarely if ever physical (I like to yell, it's fun). So looking back through the annals of history there has been many people persecuted and henceforth executed: the Jews, the Kosovars, Albanians, and countless "pagans" of course, etc. etc. Is this wrong? Well yes, going after a specific grouping of people doesn't take into account the exceptions to the rule. Stereotypes withstanding, not EVERY Jew is cheap, not EVERY German is a Nazi, not every Greek is hairy, and such. So here's my theory: those that conduct genocide have always concentrated on the wrong aspect, namely race. Yet if the drive to exterminate a large group of people was a bit more focused, it wouldn't exactly be bad, or at least possibly wouldn't be, given a loose set of morals of course. Take idiots for example (and by idiots I mean selfish bastards, the root of the word "idiot" is one who thinks only of themself), would it be so terrible if every person that doesn't give a shit about anyone else just plain didn't exist? Imagine the ramifications, nobody would ever steal someone else's property, shag another man's wife, or generally be a nasty cunt anymore. If every idiot and possible asshole was relieved from this mortal coil, how great could the world be? Could such an utopia exist, and more importantly would it, or would some other problem come about to fuck everything up once again? Could be that human nature itself produces a problem into any great civilization just by the inherent idiocy of the human race (mind you, many exhibit said property much less than others, going back to my original take on eliminating the idiots).

PS: Whiskey makes me mean. Yadda yadda, this is just a theory and personally I don't even kill fucking insects (something crawling across my floor, I pick it up and fling it outside, seriously). Carry on.

it's all pretty theoretical of course, but it would be pretty though to kill of all "idiots" since it's such a subjective term and also because it's a hassle killing a lot of people in a short period of time. and then who would determine an idiot from a "normal" person? a supreme genocide commander or an all mighty ruler? if it's done by some some elitist governmental institution or a single ruler there's always the risk of them just/also killing off people they don't like themselves and making it all personal.

i've toyed with the thought myself of solving the population problem by killing off all people in africa. not because they're worth less than anybody as humans, but it would effect me less than having most europeans killed off. i regard the world subjectivly, hence i am the most important person on the planet and my own comfort is always the number one priority. now does that mean i would be disposed of given that NAD was the supreme genocide commander? :p

spaffe said:
it's all pretty theoretical of course, but it would be pretty though to kill of all "idiots" since it's such a subjective term . . . and then who would determine an idiot from a "normal" person? a supreme genocide commander or an all mighty ruler?
Therein lies the problem, the thing that fucked up anyone who has tried to engage in genocide in the past: personal agenda gets far too much in the way. I hate to refer to someone I hate (yet somehow respect his intelligence at the same time) but Nietzsche's Overman / Superman would be an example of someone that could determine who would be killed. Personally I don't believe that such a man/woman/person exists, BUT if they did, if there WAS some supreme power ruling objectively, it could be accomplished.
now does that mean i would be disposed of given that NAD was the supreme genocide commander? :p
I pity the world unto anyone who would give a philistine like myself such power, but you'd certainly be my second in command since you replied first. :Smokedev:

NAD said:
Nietzsche's Overman / Superman would be an example of someone that could determine who would be killed. Personally I don't believe that such a man/woman/person exists, BUT if they did, if there WAS some supreme power ruling objectively, it could be accomplished.
Of course they don't exist - it's a philosphy, something to aspire to, isn't it? But I see where you're coming from, and must admit it's a good yardstick. So in the distant NAD future the only people left alive are people who read Neitzche, and Buddhists :loco:

I deal with them everyday so I think about it nearly everyday. My view is that if you are contributing absolutely nothing to society (collecting welfare etc for a # of consecutive years, no job, having children just to collect public assistance, draining the nations resources w/o giving anything back, blah blah) you should be terminated from existence. Your children too. If this would happen, imho, a drastic and swift turnaround would happen from ALL kinds of angles. IE: economic, social, etc...

Also, if one is born mentally retarded, he/she should be terminated immediately as well. I know it is rough in accordance with today's bleeding heart ideology which has run rampant but it is a call back to nature.

NAD said:
PS: Whiskey makes me mean. Yadda yadda, this is just a theory and personally I don't even kill fucking insects (something crawling across my floor, I pick it up and fling it outside, seriously). Carry on.

don't believe him. He typed it PERFECTLY

lurch70 said:
have you been drinking again last night NAD?
Aye, and the two cups of coffee at 10pm kept me alert all the while. :loco: This was something I have been pondering over the past few weeks though. Like I said though, I can't even kill bugs let alone exterminate large portions of the populace.

The reason I wrote this post last night:

Some fucker that lives in the apartments I dwell in and has his parking space right next to mine has been leaving trash on my car for reasons unknown. Turns out the worthless little prick has pissed off his immediate neighbors to no end, been warned several times by management (this is basically a retirement community that allows young bastards like me live here), and got served his eviction notice last Friday and still hasn't left. He pissed away his $33k trust fund in 4 months and wastes his life by sitting around doing drugs all day instead of going to work or school (I saw him once, some lanky 19 year old that does his best to avoid me). Manager told me today "he'll be gone soon and things will be peaceful again."

So anyhow, I was just thinking, what is the point of someone like this even existing? The only thing they do is aggravate the decent citizens left in the world, so why not just exterminate people like him? Does society need this type of headache?

Ayeka said:
So in the distant NAD future the only people left alive are people who read Neitzche, and Buddhists :loco:
Heh, if the world was made up of only Buddhists this would be a much nicer place. Same thing with communism though, just a damn shame it would never work. Oh well, probably would make life insufferably boring anyhow. :loco:

NAD said:
The reason I wrote this post last night:

Some fucker that lives in the apartments I dwell in and has his parking space right next to mine has been leaving trash on my car for reasons unknown. Turns out the worthless little prick has pissed off his immediate neighbors to no end, been warned several times by management (this is basically a retirement community that allows young bastards like me live here), and got served his eviction notice last Friday and still hasn't left. He pissed away his $33k trust fund in 4 months and wastes his life by sitting around doing drugs all day instead of going to work or school (I saw him once, some lanky 19 year old that does his best to avoid me). Manager told me today "he'll be gone soon and things will be peaceful again."

So anyhow, I was just thinking, what is the point of someone like this even existing? The only thing they do is aggravate the decent citizens left in the world, so why not just exterminate people like him? Does society need this type of headache?

though it's tempting to suggest euthanasia for the likes of the guy you mentioned i'm against since it might get out of hand and affect me or someone i care about. no, i think forced labour is the way to go there, it's an underestimated form of punishment. send him and his companions to alaska where they can build something not all too advanced like a road or railway, that way he might learn to use what little intellect he has for something better than drugs, he'll get a thorough aversion treatment and has time ponder over his life :D

What purpose do mosquitoes serve? Where is their place in the circle of life? Sure, birds and frogs may eat them, but they also eat flies and other bugs so they won't starve. These things just fly around and bite things to suck blood and spread disease like malaria. What would be the ecological impact if every mosquito in the world was dead? I don't think there would be any. In fact, I think the world would be a safer place.

Right, who is on the list for a modern day penal colony of Australian proportions?

-mosquitos
-assholes

Hmm. I'd be pretty happy just with this list. :loco: