Geoff Tate assaults Wilton & Rockenfield on stage?

Just saw the Rising West footage of some rarer classic Ryche songs and La Torre really nails it. About as spot on as you can get for Tate who was originally a Dickinson clone.

Again, it amazes it took QR this long to find another singer since there are so many similar Dickinson/Tate clones around. Wilton has always been at odds with Tate since just before they recorded Tribe. Some of the early songs on the album allegedly were Geoff Tate solo songs.

Of course the tr00 fans complain while holding their beers that GUFF TAT1 IZ QR and Rising West isn't QR but I don't really care. As long they write an old school metal for the new record who gives a crap how successful it is. And as long as Miranda Tate - Queensryche Cabaret Go Go Dancer isn't behind the show with her mother, who cares? Want an autograph from the Queensryche Cabaret Go Go Dancer? Then go to a Tate solo show and sip some wine while listening to acoustic, adult contemporary Queensryche covers.

So the latest in this continuing shitstorm is that "Queensryche" opened for the Scorpions the other night which was Geoff Tate + 4 other musicians not named Michael, Parker, Ed and Scott. Seems he's pulled an Axl with the name.

Some of the members of Queensryche could not make the show in West Valley City, Utah with the Scorpions for personal reasons. Although I would have really loved for all of us to play together, it wasn't possible for them. I couldn't miss playing for one of the best rock audiences in the world and opening for one of my all time favorite bands for anything.. Thanks to my fans, and the Scorpions or your continued support and I plan to rock Salt Lake City today at the show.

- Geoff Tate

Methinks the band is finished. RIP 1982-2012.

So the latest in this continuing shitstorm is that "Queensryche" opened for the Scorpions the other night which was Geoff Tate + 4 other musicians not named Michael, Parker, Ed and Scott. Seems he's pulled an Axl with the name.

Methinks the band is finished. RIP 1982-2012.

not sure how whats happened is the same as axl and GNR. queensryche was booked to open for the scorpions and the other 4 guys didn't show up. what did you expect geoff tate to not honor the contract get sued or loose money because the other dinks didn't show up

what did you expect geoff tate to not honor the contract get sued or loose money because the other dinks didn't show up

Yeah, fair enough. I do think for booking reasons though, they should just say "until further notice, the entity as Queensryche is off limits. Either book Rising West or Geoff Tate."

If I were going to see Queensyche and 4/5 of the band (I'll include Parker) aren't there, I'd be pissed.

Yeah, fair enough. I do think for booking reasons though, they should just say "until further notice, the entity as Queensryche is off limits. Either book Rising West or Geoff Tate."

If I were going to see Queensyche and 4/5 of the band (I'll include Parker) aren't there, I'd be pissed.

i think during the show tate introduced the band as "geoff tate of queensryche and friends". on setlist.com the setlist is under tate and friends

Queensryche Parts Ways With Geoff Tate
June 20th, 2012

According to Billboard :

Queensryche is continuing forward without vocalist Geoff Tate, who will be replaced by Crimson Glory singer Todd La Torre, Billboard has exclusively learned.

“Over the past few months, there have been growing creative differences within Queensryche. We want our fans to know that we hoped to find a common resolution, but in the end parting ways with Geoff was the best way for everyone to move forward in a positive direction,” drummer Scott Rockenfield said in a statement. “We wish him the best of luck with all of his future endeavors. We can’t wait to bring Queensryche to our fans with Todd behind the microphone.”

The statement also said that scheduled Queensryche performances “are on hold at [the] present time and revised routing is being worked on. Fans can check the band’s website for all of the latest tour information as it [becomes] available.”

http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/2012/06/20/queensryche-parts-ways-with-geoff-tate/

RIP queensryche. this would be like van halen going on without DLR and EVH. no degarmo or tate, call it a day

The only thing is, their new singer is really good. Better than Tate's been since the Empire days.

It's kind of like if your parents divorced and your dad married a super-hot nice lady. Great, but she'll never be "mom".

The only thing is, their new singer is really good. Better than Tate's been since the Empire days.

It's kind of like if your parents divorced and your dad married a super-hot nice lady. Great, but she'll never be "mom".

doesn't matter, you are now missing the 2 leaders of the band. nothing else even needs to be said other than that.

I'm waiting to hear from Tate...you can be sure that there are going to be a lot of Queensryche the corporation legalities to settle.