George W. Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Harp Heaven
Ironic, considering what follows in your post.

Where else could you have gotten your mis-information from?

Why? The truth is the truth, no matter who tells it. Perhaps the official UN report will convince you otherwise, but I have to warn you, it is a very long read, and not everything you read there will be what you want it to be.

Part I
http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/561c6ee353d740fb8525607d00581829/aeac80e740c782e4852561150071fdb0!OpenDocument
Part II
http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/561c6ee353d740fb8525607d00581829/d442111e70e417e3802564740045a309!OpenDocument
Part III
http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/561c6ee353d740fb8525607d00581829/c426c561856178058025647400468f80!OpenDocument
Part IV
http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/561c6ee353d740fb8525607d00581829/40af4c8615bc9837802564740046f767!OpenDocument

Exactly why my age should be an issue in this case is a mystery to me. You have already proven your lack of knowledge through a number of absurd and uneducated remarks, even though you are much older than I am(30-35?). If the discussion had centered on something like taxes or marriage, I would have understood why you continue to bring this up, but this is a political discussion, and it should not matter. But I am talking to the deaf here.

You seem to have an odd sense of humour.

You are fighting a strawman. Where I have said it wasn`t?

Would you like to have your land that your people has worked for hundreds of years taken away from you because of an injustice commited by an european country that you have had no relationships with? Wouldn`t you have gotten pissed if someone said that "in our holy book, these people should live here, so get the fuck out". The palestinians had gotten their land taken away for years by aggressive zionists, and now the whole world supported their cause and helped them because of something the palestinians hadn`t done. You don`t think that`s unfair?

So? We`re discussing the Israel-Palestine conflict now. These countries are terrible dictatorships, that I agree with, but I did not say they weren`t.

I wonder why the rest of the world doesn`t? What follows is a list of resolutions vetoed by the US. Your country supports these actions!!!

1955-1992:
* Resolution 106: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid".
* Resolution 111: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
* Resolution 127: " . . . 'recommends' Israel suspends it's 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
* Resolution 162: " . . . 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
* Resolution 171: " . . . determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria".
* Resolution 228: " . . . 'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control".
* Resolution 237: " . . . 'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees".
* Resolution 248: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan".
* Resolution 250: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem".
* Resolution 251: " . . . 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250".
* Resolution 252: " . . . 'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital".
* Resolution 256: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation".
* Resolution 259: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation".
* Resolution 262: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport".
* Resolution 265: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan".
* Resolution 267: " . . . 'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem".
*Resolution 270: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon".
* Resolution 271: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem".
* Resolution 279: " . . . 'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 280: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 285: " . . . 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon".
* Resolution 298: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem".
* Resolution 313: " . . . 'demands' that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 316: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon".
* Resolution 317: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon".
* Resolution 332: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 337: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty".
* Resolution 347: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli attacks on Lebanon".
* Resolution 425: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 427: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon.
* Resolution 444: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces".
* Resolution 446: " . . . 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious
obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* Resolution 450: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon".
* Resolution 452: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories".
* Resolution 465: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member
states not to assist Israel's settlements program".
* Resolution 467: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's military intervention in Lebanon".
* Resolution 468: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of
two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return".
* Resolution 469: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's failure to observe the
council's order not to deport Palestinians".
* Resolution 471: " . . . 'expresses deep concern' at Israel's failure to abide
by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* Resolution 476: " . . . 'reiterates' that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are 'null and void'".
* Resolution 478: " . . . 'censures (Israel) in the strongest terms' for its
claim to Jerusalem in its 'Basic Law'".
* Resolution 484: " . . . 'declares it imperative' that Israel re-admit two deported
Palestinian mayors".
* Resolution 487: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel for its attack on Iraq's
nuclear facility".
* Resolution 497: " . . . 'decides' that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan
Heights is 'null and void' and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith".
* Resolution 498: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon".
* Resolution 501: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops".
* Resolution 509: " . . . 'demands' that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon".
* Resolution 515: " . . . 'demands' that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and
allow food supplies to be brought in".
* Resolution 517: " . . . 'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions
and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 518: " . . . 'demands' that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon".
* Resolution 520: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's attack into West Beirut".
* Resolution 573: " . . . 'condemns' Israel 'vigorously' for bombing Tunisia
in attack on PLO headquarters.
* Resolution 587: " . . . 'takes note' of previous calls on Israel to withdraw
its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw".
* Resolution 592: " . . . 'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students
at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops".
* Resolution 605: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices
denying the human rights of Palestinians.
* Resolution 607: " . . . 'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly
requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
* Resolution 608: " . . . 'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians".
* Resolution 636: " . . . 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
* Resolution 641: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
* Resolution 672: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians
at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
* Resolution 673: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United
Nations.
* Resolution 681: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of
Palestinians.
* Resolution 694: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and
calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
* Resolution 726: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
* Resolution 799: ". . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians
and calls for their immediate return.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Are you telling me that I should only say what you want me to say?

How do you know this? Reference please?

A history lesson might be in order. When the arabs originally emerged under the leadership of Muhammed, they conquered vast areas of land, including the persian empire and all up to Europe, before the german tribes drove them back. The conquered people were not forced to convert to islam, rather enticed to with lower taxes and a special bonus. Islam has been the only religion that has peacefully co-existed with Jews until recently.

So their holy book says "kill the infidels"? Well, the bible says that

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Does this mean that all christians and jews are hell-bent on destroying all other religions? Of course it doesn`t! It`s only the fanatics that think this way. Most arabs have enough with getting through the day and feeding their family.

You have given it in the form of guns to their governments. The US supported Saddam Hussein with money and guns when he was brutally slaughtering kurds left and right.

See above. The bible says the exact same thing.

Whatever you say, Dirty Harry.

Whatever you say, Rambo.

It is very impressive that you are able to say that after all the ignorance you have been spouting. Check your facts before posting.

Eastwood=cool
Stallone=sucks

At least I got that one out of the way.

I should have known. You aren't even American are you? I walked right into that one. My mistake.

Truth? Truth? You eat the propaganda that your daddy vomits into your mouth, then ask for seconds. He's raising a good communist. I deal with facts son. You with faxcimiles.(Did I spell that right ?? - Might be the good-ole-boy coming out in me.)

The United Nothings? All they are good for is giving a forum to third world garabage who like nothing more than holding their collective hands out - palms up. To quote Busta Rhymes - "GimmieSomMO." I'm sure "Busta" just loves a guy like me quoting him. But I digress. The UN? U.S veto? VEETTTOOO AAA WWWAAAYYYY. HOO-AH.

Your history lesson? Islam peacefully co-existing with Jews? When MOMO went to the caves to smoke his pot and receive some visions about fucking farm animals, molesting little boys, and kickin it with 72 virgins - It was a direct reaction to the jewish faith. Go back and read DR. Suess before you crack into the religious texts, okay little man.

Find me ONE passage from the New Testament that says anything remotely like the ones above. Jesus(God) came here and died for our sins. He changed form - God who ruled by the hand of war. To - GOD who died a pacifist on the cross. The essence of christanity is the New Testament, where the essential message is to treat people how you want to be treated. Then on the other hand you have MOMO's disiples wraping bombs around their children - sending them off to "kill the infidel." Then they prompetly receive money from Saddam for doing so.

And don't differentiate between the so-called "radical" muslims and the "non-radical" muslims - they all support each other in the "holy-war."

Why do I keep bringing up your age? Because you have no opinion. You have daddy's. If you had any sence of actual history you would know that there is a ebb and flow to it - truth reveals itself in time. We have supported scum - and we will probably, inadvertantly, do it again. Ideally the whole fucking region would be wiped out. But of coarse that is not going to happen, so we throw our support behind the lesser of the evils and 99 percent of the time we are correct. Yngvai here in the forum is a young guy but I would not rip on his opinion on guitar issues cause the boy can shred. The proof is in the pudding, and at 17 years of age you have zero credability in world affairs/issues.

I'm through with politics here. I'm sure everyone will be happy. Maybe I could change my ID to the Yngstagator. So you can let your next Communist manifesto fly buddy. I'm done.

:p :p

Originally posted by Buzz Fledderjon
Maybe this comes from someone who's just fed up with all the ridicule of our (America's) president. I know I am.

GEEZ!!! I'M STINKIN' TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT ALL MR. BUSH'S FOIBLES AND FAUX PAS! FOR PETE'S SAKE! DOESN'T HE DESERVE A LITTLE MORE RESPECT???

For what?

For leaving my state's budget in the shambles when he left it as governor to become pres.??

Originally posted by Bobby
Eastwood=cool
Stallone=sucks

At least I got that one out of the way.

I should have known. You aren't even American are you? I walked right into that one. My mistake.

Truth? Truth? You eat the propaganda that your daddy vomits into your mouth, then ask for seconds. He's raising a good communist. I deal with facts son. You with faxcimiles.(Did I spell that right ?? - Might be the good-ole-boy coming out in me.)

The United Nothings? All they are good for is giving a forum to third world garabage who like nothing more than holding their collective hands out - palms up. To quote Busta Rhymes - "GimmieSomMO." I'm sure "Busta" just loves a guy like me quoting him. But I digress. The UN? U.S veto? VEETTTOOO AAA WWWAAAYYYY. HOO-AH.

Your history lesson? Islam peacefully co-existing with Jews? When MOMO went to the caves to smoke his pot and receive some visions about fucking farm animals, molesting little boys, and kickin it with 72 virgins - It was a direct reaction to the jewish faith. Go back and read DR. Suess before you crack into the religious texts, okay little man.

Find me ONE passage from the New Testament that says anything remotely like the ones above. Jesus(God) came here and died for our sins. He changed form - God who ruled by the hand of war. To - GOD who died a pacifist on the cross. The essence of christanity is the New Testament, where the essential message is to treat people how you want to be treated. Then on the other hand you have MOMO's disiples wraping bombs around their children - sending them off to "kill the infidel." Then they prompetly receive money from Saddam for doing so.

And don't differentiate between the so-called "radical" muslims and the "non-radical" muslims - they all support each other in the "holy-war."

Why do I keep bringing up your age? Because you have no opinion. You have daddy's. If you had any sence of actual history you would know that there is a ebb and flow to it - truth reveals itself in time. We have supported scum - and we will probably, inadvertantly, do it again. Ideally the whole fucking region would be wiped out. But of coarse that is not going to happen, so we throw our support behind the lesser of the evils and 99 percent of the time we are correct. Yngvai here in the forum is a young guy but I would not rip on his opinion on guitar issues cause the boy can shred. The proof is in the pudding, and at 17 years of age you have zero credability in world affairs/issues.

I'm through with politics here. I'm sure everyone will be happy. Maybe I could change my ID to the Yngstagator. So you can let your next Communist manifesto fly buddy. I'm done.

:p :p

:wave: You are clearly not just uneducated, you are insane. Go polish your shotgun, Jack. Your comments have no basis other than in your warped, twisted gung-ho patriotic mindset, which you refuse to relent or acknowledge the validity of other opinions no matter what other people tell you. You reinforce your dogmas by attacking everyone that disagrees with inane and childish insults, and conveniently ignore the evidence that is laid out in front of you. Did you even try reading the report I gave the link to?

Seriously, noone here respects or acknowledges your opinion. You represent the very worst of patriotism and right-wing bullshit, the very kind of attitude that so many hate about USA. Who the hell gave you the idea that you could discuss politics? I tried to comment on your post without resorting to insults and flaming, but you responded with more of the kind.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit i've read so far. Hey Bobby, get a fuckin' shotgun and go to the damn war :lol:

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
This is the biggest pile of bullshit i've read so far. Hey Bobby, get a fuckin' shotgun and go to the damn war :lol:

I think its great what Bobby is doing for the forum. :rolleyes: Its good to know he has so much to say about Symphony X, and isn't always looking to argue over everything and anything.

Originally posted by The Yngster
I think its great what Bobby is doing for the forum. :rolleyes: Its good to know he has so much to say about Symphony X, and isn't always looking to argue over everything and anything.

:lol: Agreed. I try so hard not to get into this kind of discussions, but most of the time I fail miserably. I don't get what's the big deal about politics anyway, I prefer music or religious discussions over politics (religious arguments are hilarious :lol: ).

At my age i don't really care much about politics. I could have discussions for hours about music if I could actually find someone to have it with :mad: In a school of around 600 kids (smalltown school), I am the only prog fan. If I even mention the word "metal" I get swormed by waves of Eminem fans. There is one real metal fan, but he's real quiet and can't keep a conversation going for more than a few seconds. Oh well, theres always the internet.

Oh don't worry politics are worthless anyway. I have the same problem, I only have 2 friends that are metal listeners (they are chicks btw :eek: ). There's another guy I know (a hardcore Metallica fan) and he kept swearing that Hammet is one of the best guitarrists out there, needless to say I explained him how wrong he was, but the guy wouldn't listen. I named him a hell lot of guitarrists that were better than Hammet and told him that Hammet didn't use much variety in his solos (he uses the same scales most of the time) and that he was a frequent ''out of key'' player. The argument went nowhere (the guy doesn't know anything about guitar, he's only a drummer) but at least I had someone to talk about metal.

You have no idea how happy it would make me to find ANYONE to talk metal with. If I saw a chick come to my school with a Symphony X shirt I would crap myself, but the odds of that happening where I live are 0. The only time I get to talk any music is when I'm trying to convince the rap fans that it takes more talent to play an instrument than rhyme at a first grade level.

Yeah I see what you mean:

If I saw a chick come to my school with a Symphony X shirt I would crap myself, but the odds of that happening where I live are 0.

:lol: You wouldn't be the only one haha.

My ex girlfriend didn't like metal (she thought it was too scandalous) I didn't gave too much credit to her opinion though, I had to skip the music conversation for the most part. There was some chick that was after me, but since I know she's not into that type of music I decided not to take the chance (music takes a huge part of my life). I also remember one day that my mom told me that my cousin liked metal a lot, but he heard a religious program on the radio where they said that metal music was satanic, needless to say he throwed out all his CD's :(. People are so shallow and close minded nowadays, it's not even funny.

I've had plenty of music related experiences as you may see :D

It took a very long time, but I am married to a beautiful woman who loves the Cure, Tori Amos, Depeche Mode, Jeff Buckley, etc.

But I converted her. Not to say I don't like those bands because I do, but when we got together she hated Savatage & Manowar... guess what.. she's seen Savatage, loves them, enjoys quite a bit of Manowar as well. :D

She definitely got me into the Cure.. that and realizing that they influenced a lot of metal bands. Katatonia, Rapture, etc..

Hell even Ray Alder's project, Engine, does an awesome cover of "Fascination Street."

My last girlfriend was into Ayreon, Led Zeppelin and a lot of classical music(which I am a very big fan of). Too bad that she turned out to be a proud and egoistical asshole. I eventually dumped her, which I think was the biggest blow I could ever have dealt her. Music taste isn`t everything, guys!

Can anyone throw away Bobby from this forum forever?
He is a dick.

Anyone saw him in ANY thread about Symphony X?
Me not.

First I thought he left forever , offended by the last political dispute, and I felt sorry. But HA , what do I see!!!

This piece of shit is HERE , defending his patriotic openions.
Choose yourself another place to argue, man.

Maybe we should chip in and buy a ticket to mid-east for our Rambo, let him go to war! (It is supposed that he already has a shotgun)?

But anyway , FUCK OFF, please! Or, simply shut up? :)

A girl doesn't necessarily have to listen to metal, though it would be a major bonus. As long as she is open minded and can respect these guys as musicians instead of assume they are satanists. And Grom is right, I've never seen Bobby post on a SyX related thread, only on this political garbage.

No don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that she must listen to metal, but at least be a little open minded when it comes to the music (since i work a lot with music) it would be a huge bonus if she was into metal though.

Originally posted by Harp Heaven
:wave: You are clearly not just uneducated, you are insane. Go polish your shotgun, Jack. Your comments have no basis other than in your warped, twisted gung-ho patriotic mindset, which you refuse to relent or acknowledge the validity of other opinions no matter what other people tell you. You reinforce your dogmas by attacking everyone that disagrees with inane and childish insults, and conveniently ignore the evidence that is laid out in front of you. Did you even try reading the report I gave the link to?

Seriously, noone here respects or acknowledges your opinion. You represent the very worst of patriotism and right-wing bullshit, the very kind of attitude that so many hate about USA. Who the hell gave you the idea that you could discuss politics? I tried to comment on your post without resorting to insults and flaming, but you responded with more of the kind.

OOO SAY CAN YOU SEE...... Greetings from the oldest democracy in the world.

I just got back from a beautiful ski holiday in Vail - I see I was sorely missed. The bombs should start falling anyday now huh? I can't wait for the mud to fly squarely in your(or should I say your daddy's) face when we liberate Iraq and the Stars and Stripes are flying from every camel in the desert. The funny thing about liberal trash like yourself is that when you are trumped with air-tight facts you go into a corner and turtle. Very much like the bully who is faced with superior force turns into the coward that he truely is.

When you receive your Dr. son - you can call me uneducated.

I don't need to polish my rifle.... She's always clean.

Yea you tried to comment on my post ... and you failed miserably.

Now go show this post to your daddy.... and go get your fucking shine box.

....BY THE DAWNS EARLY LIGHT.......

Hmmm... Threads gone bad... I posted one called "Defending the Style" that turned into "Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:America the Beautiful." I think it is great that we have our own thoughts and can express them. I will never go against free speech. We are united by Symphony X, guys. I don't understand how a thread posted to share a joke, or to mention about good music suddenly turns into a war in itself...as if we didn't already have enough shit going on in the world...come on, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.