German Thrash

Actually, ive always noticed you stay out of it when Troops and I go at it over this Coops. Thats probably the smart thing to do :lol:

Anyway, tamed their sound is putting it mildly! They sound like a wannabe metal Creed! Now Creed is great, but Megadeth AINT Creed!

Right, 2 Sumo suits, Troops and I. THEN we will battle to see who is right......

*Spawny starts throwing salt*

:D

Like Creed?!?!?

Hahaha! The World Needs A Hero still has classic Megadeth riffs (just a bit slower than in the old days), lots of double kicking, Dave's voice is as snarly as ever, excellent duelling guitar solos, and heaps of solos fitted into every spot possible, its classic Megadeth just with a cleaner sound and with less speed/attitude.

However Slayer are now detuning their guitars, screaming lines like "I DESPISE THIS FUCKING PLAAAAACE" (remind anyone else of Slipknot?), and trying to have all these slow moshy grooves so the kids at Ozzfest will get into them as much as they get into Deftones and Coal Chamber.

Time to get down to business big boy!
*Puts on wrestling outfit and has theme song blasting while pyro goes off around the arena*

:lol:

If anyone other than Megadeth had released TWNAH it would have been crucified as middle of the road boring hard rock (except for Return To Hanger :headbang: )
Megadeth are sort of a victim of their own success, but when you set the bar as high as they have previously, you had better live up to it!

I STILL dont get why people think GHUA sounds like Slipknot, I like both bands so it wouldnt bother me, but Slayer sound like Slayer, just because its detuned a bit doesnt matter! Disciple, God Send Death, Bloodline and Seven Faces are all classic styled Slayer!

Anyway, my theme music is about to come on, and I have to put my costume on still, so id better go :D

How about "Here Comes The Pain?" Hahaha!

I'm not saying TWNAH is a brilliant album, but its a good album. Of course it doesn't match up to the first 6 albums, but it's still pure Megadeth and its still a good metal album. They just need to get a bit more speed and energy into the next one!

The difference between Megadeth and Slayer is that Megadeth are about writing good music, and Slayer now are about trying to sound angry :D

Originally posted by The Trooper
How about "Here Comes The Pain?" Hahaha!

I'm not saying TWNAH is a brilliant album, but its a good album. Of course it doesn't match up to the first 6 albums, but it's still pure Megadeth and its still a good metal album. They just need to get a bit more speed and energy into the next one!

The difference between Megadeth and Slayer is that Megadeth are about writing good music, and Slayer now are about trying to sound angry :D

Here Comes The Pain rocks! The line starts here! :)

Slayer is about writing aggressive music, not "trying" to sound angry! Like Iron Maiden, Slayer dont offer up too many surprises, but the always deliver what the fans want :D

Originally posted by Cooperman
With my feet on the chair in front of me, some popcorn on my right and a coke on my left, I sit back in readiness for the big fight

:)

:lol:

The World Needs A Hero was a pretty 'piss poor' effort. With the exception of Return To Hanger, the album is no heavier than Risk.

I know it didn't have much energy but it has great songs and great riffs and great solos and all the Megadeth trademarks. Heheh.

I just find Slayer to be reaaaaaaally really overrated.

Show No Mercy was a good debut, probably Slayer's 3rd best album I think (but doesnt compare to Kill Em All).
Haunting/Live Undead/Hell Awaits are just crap except for a few good riffs.
Then they actually got it right from 1986-1990.
Then they had nothing original and Divine Intervention was bland then they did a punk covers album.
Then they thought ok now we have to go all mallcore to get the Ozzfest kids to like us.

Thats my take on the band heheh.

But Troops, I like Slayer :D

I think the brutality of GHUA put a lot of people off, its pretty full on, but thats what I like about it, all the other bands I love are turning into Crosby, Stills and Nash, but Slayer still have their balls!

I bought that punk album they did the other day, its UTTER CRAP, its TERRIBLE, I dont know what they were thinking.

-

Slayer - Show no mercy: Cool debut ...quite unlike the band they became...more of a punk edge in places....and some different more 'Evy metul' riffidge

Slayer - Hell Awaits: More raw...heavier....lyrics more darker...a sign of things to come

Slayer - Reign in Blood: The best Slayer album hands down...short sharp and TOTALLY to the point

Slayer - South of Heaven: Slayer slowed down a bit and this album didn't quite werk..although the title track rules !!!

Slayer - Seasons in the abyss: 2nd best album...perfect mix of slower and faster slayer songs

Slayer - Decade of Agression: Sweet live album !

Slayer - Divine Intervention: ugh boring ...a real been there done that feel

Slayer - Undisputed Attitude: Punk covers... ? Wiggah puleeeze !

Slayer - Diobolus in musica: WTF ?!!

Slayer - God hates us all: W.T.F ?!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megadeth - Killing is my bussiness...: Raw assed thrash album...showed Mustaine could well handle his own

Megadeth - Peace sells...: More polished , More technical , More MEGADETH :D ...big step forward...

Megadeth - SF SG SW: two steps backward...shitty production...some real shitty tunes...Darkest Hr rulz though !

Megadeth - Rust in Peace: OH YEH !! this is THE 'DETH album !!

Megadeth - Countdown: From ultra technical to ultra simple...but chunky..still kicks yer ass...but in a different way

Megadeth - Youth: A far more polished version of countdown...some ppl's dont like it..but it is a real solid piece of metal :)

Megadeth - Cryptic Writtings: Cryptic indeed half of this albums was heavier than the 2 previous albums...and the rest was crap

Megadeth - Risk: The title summed it up BIG TIME...and it was a RISK that fucked back severly...2-3 decent songs had they not been ruined by samples and weak production

Megadeth - TWNAH: A far better effort by far...the attitude is there...but the music isn't quite there ...YET !...this album is almost like CW pt2 ...half kick ass songs...half shite

-

NUFF SAID !
*cocks shot-gun*

Originally posted by Aces_High
Megadeth - SF SG SW: two steps backward...shitty production...some real shitty tunes...Darkest Hr rulz though !

:cry: I love that album.
Set The World Afire
Into The Lungs Of Hell
Darkest Hour
Hook In Mouth

It 'almost' doesn't get better than this.

Slayer - Divine Intervention: ugh boring ...a real been there done that feel

Slayer - Undisputed Attitude: Punk covers... ? Wiggah puleeeze !

Slayer - Diobolus in musica: WTF ?!!

I like all of these :( I havent got GHUA yet though. And just for the record, punk rules.

So Far rules!! Hehehe, thats got one of the heaviest, thickest guitar distortions I've ever heard, and the drums are so thunderous, I think the production is good, except for the effect he keeps using on his voice.

502 and Liar are the only weakish songs on that I think.