Get Shpongled: Kevin's Ultimate Chillout/Ambient Recommendations Thread

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I'm always finding and looking for good electronic chillout music, so if you know of anything good, post clips here! I'll post something awesome whenever I find it. Look out below for Communist, dreadlocked reggae dub beats and fat, warm basslines!

We can start with the vids from the other thread that inspired this one.

Bluetech - Alchemie Dub

Ott - Splitting an Atom

Hallucinogen in Dub (mixed by Ott) - Solstice (Bass Monkey Mix)

Last edited by a moderator:
And fresh for today, another personal favorite that I've posted here before (LOVE the live bass):

Shulman - Ra He'ya (featuring Michele Adamson)

Kuba - Try to Forget

The Orb - Orblivion

here's some great dubstep. I too have a dislike for reggae related music, so the dubstep I like is mostly influenced by old garage and two-step.

Boxcutter - Foxy

Burial - Archangel (from the album "Untrue," which is probably my favorite album of the last five years in any genre, buy or die, seriously)

Benga - Crunked Up (Off the best dubstep record of the year "Diary of an Afro Warrior," this song is sick as hell, especially because it's a clusterfuck of dubstep and grime, authentic London shit)

here's some great dubstep. I too have a dislike for reggae related music, so the dubstep I like is mostly influenced by old garage and two-step.

Boxcutter - Foxy

Burial - Archangel (from the album "Untrue," which is probably my favorite album of the last five years in any genre, buy or die, seriously)

Benga - Crunked Up (Off the best dubstep record of the year "Diary of an Afro Warrior," this song is sick as hell, especially because it's a clusterfuck of dubstep and grime, authentic London shit)

All 3 of these are pretty awesome. I could totally download them all. The last one reminds me of SebastiAn. I first heard him when I was camping this past summer. One of my friends brought this album along and I loved it from the instant I heard it.

SebastiAn - Ross Ross Ross (for people in seattle that know of the Throwdown in T-Town, this is going to be my entrance music).

SebastiAn - Walkman

Boards of Canada - not my favorite album from them, but still great, and a great video for this song "Dayvan Cowboy."

Blockhead is a hip-hop producer who is well known in the underground since the late 90s, mostly for collaborating with Aesop Rock on his best stuff. Aesop's "hit" track "Daylight" is a Blockhead beat.

When not producing for rappers or remixing, he puts out instrumental albums that are very chill and ambient.

Here's "Music by Cavelight"

Can't believe I haven't added the greatest musician of all time ever in this thread:

Shpongle - Dorset Perception

Younger Brother - Happy Pills

Really, anything released on Twisted Records is going to better than pretty much everything else.

Old skool favorite, this was one of Simon Posford's projects before he ever did Hallucinogen and Shpongle.

The Mystery of the Yeti - A 'Welcome' to All Extra Terrestrials

Boxcutter - Foxy

Great recommendations. I love both the Boxcutter and the Burial. I'll have to check out the other one.