Get Shpongled: Kevin's Ultimate Chillout/Ambient Recommendations Thread

I just bought the new reissue of Fripp & Eno's 'No Pussyfooting.' Bonus tracks include the entire album BACKWARD, and the first track at HALF SPEED.

Someone is after my heart.

FE-NP.jpg

love amon tobin so much. "permutations" is pretty much a perfect album all the way through.
nightlife is my favorite song mos def.

@ Kevin - do you like Ozric Tentacles?

@ Kevin - do you like Ozric Tentacles?
<3 <3 <3!!

Also like Amon Tobin a lot. Not one of my favorites, but I love the old skool jazz feel of Permutations.

Cool Ozric vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loomis said he liked this thread, so here's an epic bump with a song for you buddy! :kickass:

Abakus - California Sunshine

Good trippy tune here.

Younger Brother - Crumblenaut

Sometimes I wonder what kind of music I would like if Simon Posford never existed.

Oh man just discovered Nightmares on Wax. This song is sooooooooo good! These guys are going to become a fast favorite.

has anybody watched the "Twisted DVD"? the interviews with simon, raja and ott are worth it, plus there's studio tours, plus a live set from various artists on Twisted plus the unreleased "LSD" video. it's pretty cool, kevin you should check it out if you havent by now

I have the bonus audio cd and I've seen the interviews on YouTube. Raja is a total weirdo. A lovable weirdo.

Some of the stuff Twisted puts out is terrible. I really can't stand stuff like Koxbox or Prometheus. Hallucinogen teeters on that edge, too. Hallucinogen in Dub however... completely different story :D

everything from twisted that I've heard, I've throughly enjoyed. which isn't really much - ott's two solo records, the hallucinogen material and the shpongle material. but simon basically is a genius as is raja. I'm actually looking at trying to get some merch from twisted ("are you shpongled?" shirt, "nothing lasts...but nothing is lost" hoody possibly) but the price to import it is going to kill me (the nothing lasts hoody is $55 USD before import and shipping costs). not to mention that they really don't carry my size (I'm an XXL but I can squeeze into an XL - the are you shpongled tee is XL but the nothing lasts hoody is only in M =[)

anyways. do you like astral projection or infected mushroom, by chance? or you're not really into psytrance as much as you are just chill out/ambient stuff?

Not into Astral Projection and kind of into Infected Mushroom. IM does have a lot of interesting shit, but they're mostly psytrance which I'm not big into. I don't like the "untz untz untz untz untz" type shit. But IM has a few albums I REALLY love. Converting Vegetarians is awesome because it's really chill and the newest one is great too minus the few straight up psytrance tracks. That's basically what Koxbox and Prometheus are like. Benji (Prometheus) and Simon's project Younger Brother is totally awesome though.

Have you heard Mystery of the Yeti? One of Simon's first projects, even before he ever did Hallucinogen.

Be patient... the beat will come eventually.

edit: damnit that video sucks... finding new one..

Mystery of the Yeti - The Herb Garden

The Yeti loves to drink Schnapps too so he's like... a real Shaman. If you want to contact him you have to put some alcoholic offerings.. uh... in front of the forest.

Some very good stuff in here! Kudos for Ozric, Nightmares etc. :kickass:

But I've been more into upbeat IDM like latter Aphex Twin or Squarepusher lately.

Srsly, this thread is quite flooding with info for noobs..

Here's my Jams lately.

Shulman - Mia Nihta Mono Den Ftani

Bluetech - Elementary Particles

Kuba - Try To Forget

These are all KILLER songs and artists. Give 'em a try.