Get Shpongled: Kevin's Ultimate Chillout/Ambient Recommendations Thread

bump

Ambient/Post-Rock goes here? :D
Helios

Mono

Been listening to those two nonstop lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
CliffBurton is making good suggestions. Not the biggest fan of the last two but it's still good stuff.

This is Ganga - All I Want is to Forget. The album is called Don't Wake Me Up and it's awesome all the way through.

Kilowatts is it. This album is blowing my mind out of my head right now. This is HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended!!

Wait for the beat.

Distant System, another new fave.

More Michelle <3 <3

l_435f295036814171822e3a147873b758.jpg

Shulman - Small Grey Creatures <3 <3

And more Michele too <3

l_0cd40fe115ac4235bfb04189d999a0d6.png

Awesome album:

cdr1cd001_b.jpg

DOWNLOAD IT
http://rs775l34.rapidshare.com/files/234133142/1992530/Androcell_-_Emotivision-2004.rar

Artist: Androcell
Title: Emotivision
Type: Album
Label: Celestial Dragon Records
Url: http://www.sonic-dragon.com/?load=/cd/emotivision_release.htm
Genre: Psychedelic
Style: Dub / Ambient / Downtempo
Store Date: Aug 2004
Release Date: Sep. 2004
Medium: CDDA
Catalog: CDR1CD001
Grabber: EAC 0.99 beta 4
Encoder: LAME 3.97
Quality: 320kbps / 44,1kHz / Join Stereo
Tracks: 09
Time: 01:13:54 Min
Size: 169 MB

Release Notes:

When awareness rendezvous with emotion, here is where one finds the heart of Androcell. Tyler "Quasga" Smith (formerly of Prabhamandala) created Androcell as an aural habitat for all cognizant beings who experience the emotional palette of chilled, psychedelic wonder that awaits inside his music. The debut album "Emotivision" reveals the first downtempo offerings from the Androcell studio. Nine dub-enriched, sonic, soul stories for the universal traveller, these melodic tales tell of beautiful scenes and moody dreams. Featuring visionary album cover art in digipak design plus a bonus 8-page gallery booklet of select digital works all created by Quasga. Along with digital mastering by leading psybient/PsyDM artist, Yaniv Shulman, this album belongs in every serious chillers collection.

Tracklist:

01. Purple Aura (7:13)
02. Dub Crystals (7:18)
03. Soul In The Machine (8:07)
04. Molecular Sunrise (8:51)
05. Plant Life (7:41)
06. Hash Bazaar (7:48)
07. Rapture Of The Deep (7:14)
08. Hindu Kush (9:12)
09. Fungus Garden (10:27)

Enjoy :)

Well, guys, I could recommend the usual post-rock like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, God is an Astronaut, Explosions in the Sky, 65daysofstatic, Sigur Ros, etc. I'll just bump this with a new one I've discovered that's quite relaxing. It may not be for everyone, but I quite like it.

<3

twi1cd034_b.jpg

Artist: Hallucinogen
Album: In Dub Live
Label: Twisted Records
Genre: Chill Out
Style: Dub / Psychedelic
Store.Date: May-15-2009
Rls.Date: May-13-2009
Catalogue: TWSCD34
Url: http://www.twistedrecords.co.uk
Medium: CDDA
Encoder: Lame 3.97
Bitrate: VBRkbps/44.1Khz
Mode: Joint-Stereo
Tracks: 01
Playtime: 52:00 min
Size: 71,0 MB

Release Notes:

In May 2007, Twisted Live in Concert gave us the opportunity to record a unique Live set from Hallucinogen in DUB. Featuring Ott, Simon Posford, Youth, Jackson and David Nock, it's a beautiful acoustic performance of the classics you know and love under a new arrangement from the live performance. A solid hour of heavy grooves and upbeat psychedelic sofa monsters that features several new tracks. This release will bring the energy of the event into your living room and the excitement felt by thousands as they watched these seasoned professionals firing out their electro-acoustic meanderings. You can expect more Live projects from Twisted Records in the future. Shpongle and Younger Brother to name a few.

Tracklist:

01. Hallucinogen - LSD
02. Hallucinogen - Spiritual Antiseptic
03. Hallucinogen - Cicada
04. Hallucinogen - Solstice
05. Hallucinogen - Hid
06. Hallucinogen - Dark Persuasion
07. Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles
08. Hallucinogen - Rent Boy
09. Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins

Just get it.