Get Shpongled: Kevin's Ultimate Chillout/Ambient Recommendations Thread

have you heard the new track that simon's been playing in his 08 DJ sets (I think they also played it live at the roundhouse show)? it's fucking epic, it's called "I am you" I believe.

Yeah there were a few new tunes in the Roundhouse set. I only listened to that audio once. I'm not spoiling anything else until the next album comes out. Which, knowing the way Twisted Records works, won't be until 2011.

Yeah there were a few new tunes in the Roundhouse set. I only listened to that audio once. I'm not spoiling anything else until the next album comes out. Which, knowing the way Twisted Records works, won't be until 2011.

:cry:

I didnt even listen to the roundhouse set because the stream was so shitty, I'd rather listen to the dj set from camp bisco this year, plus whenever they get around to releasing the roundhouse dvd

I heard lots of errors in musicianship on the Roundhouse audio. I wouldn't put all my money on a DVD ever coming out until it's announced officially (unless it already has been). Either way, the stream audio is terrible and not really worth listening to. It completely cheapens the experience.

Also, they've announced more shows in Moscow as a complete band, so if they're planning a DVD, they might wait and record those shows in hopes of a better performance. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

I'm pretty sure they officially announced that it was being taped for a DVD release, but I can't find the post on the Twisted forums right now.

Tyler's right, Kuba is the shit. How can you go wrong with someone that lists Shpongle and Sepultura as influences?

The Most Beautiful Sunset.

Last edited by a moderator:
been loving this group lately.

kammerflimmer kollektief

they tip top the line between jazz and ambient electronica and manage not to offend fans of either.

very cool stuff.

saw Amon Tobin saturday night in SF. as Mophono was finishing up my friend was like, "hey ive got some leftover :D from new years, lemmie make that a real cocktail!" so that was cool too. i recommend seeing him if you're into his shit, but dont expect much old stuff. ive seen him twice and both times he only played one old song out of a two hour set, Four Ton Mantis last time and Natureland this time. whatever he's doing up there is still pretty dope though.

edit: forgot to mention he had a dude with him that was manipulating and mixing a bunch of crazy videos that they were projecting a huge screen behind him. there was some 300 and Conan shit towards the end. that was pretty awesome.

<3 Michele Adamson

l_e0a9cd35b9824a3ea5324d375954473e.jpg

this isn't very chill, it knocks like crazy, but this has been my favorite song in the last couple of months. ill dupstep.

also this guy hudson mohawke, I'm expecting big things from.

this isn't very chill, it knocks like crazy, but this has been my favorite song in the last couple of months. ill dupstep.

also this guy hudson mohawke, I'm expecting big things from.

Be good to me giiiirll COME ON DO IT FOR THE BABY...

Seriously you have a retarded taste in music if this was your favourite song for the past few months. Beat sucked, singing sucked... only thing this song would be decent for is cranking out of a massive stereo system in your car because the bass would be crazy and rattle the shit out of you but you'd also look like a huge faggot so... wow.

Second song was a lot better imo.

Hey Joe, keep your faggot shit in threads that deserve it, ok?

That said, I didn't like that song either.

Old song I've loved for years... just found this video, it's totally awesome.

Most of the stuff on Daft Punk's "Discovery" is pretty great for relaxing to, especially 'Something About Us'. But I'm just stating the obvious here.

Old song I've loved for years... just found this video, it's totally awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4pyS6pq1I

This one was really cool, thank man.
Ever listen to Krill.Minima? only recently discovered the album Nautica through a blogpost somewhere. It gets thrown on all the time here.

All I could really find on youtube. I really just gave the thread a quick lookover, not knowing it, if you know anymore like this, please share.