Get Shpongled: Kevin's Ultimate Chillout/Ambient Recommendations Thread

I'm stupid crazy about this Hol Baumann album I just discovered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluetech is basically a top 5 favorite now. Everything he does is the shit.

I know Tyler will dig this tune. What an amazing voice, and soaring melodies. I generally disapprove of vocals in this kind of music, but this is a total exception. I could listen to this chorus on a loop until the end of time :)

And this one is just too good not to post.

Bluetech - Love Songs to the Heart. My current favorite new album :)

I've been rinsing out this thread so here's my contributions including download links

Peaking Goddess Collective - Ishtar

That track is a masterpiece.. rest of the album is ok
Rapidshare

Iacchus - Hyperrealism

Whole album is sweet
Rapidshare 1
Rapidshare 2

Wisp - Keeper of the hills

A bit more uptempo but so emotionally charged it makes me go wobbly.
Rapidshare

And this album is my latest find, totally incredible
Lorn - Cherry Moon

Rapidshare

If that appeals to you, you may also like Nosaj Thing for that nicely polished dubstep influenced wonky stuff
Nosaj Think - Light

Rapidshare

Hope you enjoy, got plenty more recommendations where that came from :D

This might be semi-related to this thread... I guess it isn't as obscure as some stuff in here seems to be (at least to me), but it's a cool song

I think Bonobo has made an appearance in this thread once before, however this song has been at the top of my mix list for the past month:

Yeah that's a great album. Think I'll bump it on the drive home from the folks' house tonight.

Just tonight, on the way home I was thinking about how there seems to be a lack of "weird" in my life. I was specifically thinking it'd be cool to find some awesome new and weird music, and then I come to find out that Ott has just released a new album. One of my favorites and I had no idea. Isn't that weird? :D

http://ottsonic.bandcamp.com/album/mir

You can stream the whole album there. It's different than older Ott, but still Ott.

It's more like Ottstep :D