Getting rid of LOT'S of unwanted noise in the snare top mic!

Cheers guys... thanks for the thoughts and help.

I would love to have one of those foamy things, or get a good mic, but im just mixing, which is kinda onfortunate, since the recording stage is allready done, and im stuck with things like these, but that's the best way to learn eh?

thanks all.. im going to try some of those plugins, and try that SC left-right trick, and im still open for suggestions..

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
The foam thing doesn't do a big difference, especially if used like on the picture where it's not between the capsule and the hh...
i have had great results using those, but yes.. placement has to be better than in the pic.... you can achieve a very audible difference in the amount of high end from the hat which will make it to your snare mic when the foam is placed properly.

going by that pic, the foam is going to be of little consequence... the first and best thing you could is to make that drummer move his damn Hi Hat further out to his left... away from the snare. then i would reposition the mic so that it's null point would be right between the snare and the hat..