Getting this mix louder

Sep 20, 2009
Helsinki Finland
soundcloud.com
Hey,

I know this is asked million times, and i've read tons of shit about the matter, but seems i'm stuck on getting my mixes any louder, it's like if i push it farther than the example, it's going to be such a total mess that im not fine with it.
Still, there's plenty of louder mixes with tons of better sound. If you guys can hear some things that would help or point out some tricks that would help that'd be grrreat.

Here's the example:

Masterchain is:

Rocket comp (only shlight to tame peaks)
SSL buss comp (same shit)
Ozone 5, mid/side EQ + multiband dyn (max -1db with one band whole spectrum wide) then maximizer to -1db.

Hjälp!

Last edited by a moderator:
kick is way too loud / dominant, i guess it triggers your dynamic-processors too much. otherwise, great mix! maybe limit/clip the drum-bus a little more to have more cotroll over the dynamics / transients.

great riffing!

Kick noted! That actually shows up in the transients there... Im not too much of a fan clipping kick, at least i've got too much of a click with it, maby limiting really really softly and lowering the volume and try not to lose it under everything else...
Thanks, that's just quick noodling and 2min drumtrack but i thought to lift the tempo by 20bpm and do a full song :)

Talmaci, gotta check that cheers.