GFS Pickups - Crunchy or Power Rails?

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
First, I'm not a guitar player, but I've got an old BC Rich Bronze that was given to me. It plays alright, but the pickups are pretty terrible; very noisy, scratchy etc.

I want to throw a new pickup in, but since I'm not very good and I'm playing a shitty BC Rich, it seems to me like putting an 81 or something in the bridge would be a waste. I've heard good things about the GFS pickups, and they certainly are cheap.

My question is, would I be better off going with the crunchy rails or the power rails? Or is there another inexpensive brand I should consider?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfscrraourho4.html

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsporacrpok5.html

I dropped a Power Rails in an old Yamaha Pacifica and it sounds fantastic. Gives me more than enough when playing high-gain stuff. I'm not a guitarist either, but there's a definite difference playing that vs an Epi standard Les Paul on the same amp with same gain settings. Much, much more bite. And for the price you can't go wrong!

I have a crunchy rails i will sell you for $25 shipped.
it's a super high output pickup that meastures 16.k ohms.

if you like high output ceramic pickups you might like this too. personally i'm a low ouput passive type of guy.

PICT2759.jpg

So I have a lot of HAMBACKERS and I don't really need them, get the deals!!!

GFS Loudmouth Neck (12.4k) - $25
GFS Loudmouth Bridge (13.5k) - $25
GFS Crunchy Rails Bridge (16.2k) - $25
GFS Fat PAT Bridge (14k?) - $25

Jagmaster v2 Bridge (12.6k) - $15
Schecter C1+ Bridge (16.8k) - $15
Epiphone Les Paul Bridge (13.9k) - $15

I've put the humbucker resistance reading there so you can match them with whatever is currently in your guitar and get a good idea of how loud these will be. It doesn't matter what position you put a pickup in, but generally you want your neck pickup to put out less signal than your bridge - so get a lower resistance rated pickup.

^there they be.
if anyone's interested in some of those PUPZ, pm me.

Honestly Damian, if I were you I'd rather scour ebay for a Duncan Custom, there's two right now with low current bids, and it's a tried and true awesome pup!