Gibson robot guitar

when i get the chance to buy one, i want a used one from the 80's. i was going to buy a '64 melody maker (similar to what joan jett plays) a few years back, but it was waaay over priced.

Yay Ms. A!
That would be good. The early 80's have some hot PU's. I try to find "dirty fingers" from that period whenever possible. Avoid the "Sonar" from the 80's which looks like an LP. Here's a little clip from a shopping moment in Bangkok when checking out an '84 LP. Felt pretty nice...

Last edited by a moderator:
do you play guitar too? :)

just a tiny bit. i always wanted to be a decent rhythm guitar player. i had a couple of great teachers. :kickass:

wish one would be JEFF LOOMIS! there's still hope... you hear that, mr. loomis??? *one lesson* before i die, okay?

Yay Ms. A!
That would be good. The early 80's have some hot PU's. I try to find "dirty fingers" from that period whenever possible. Avoid the "Sonar" from the 80's which looks like an LP. Here's a little clip from a shopping moment in Bangkok when checking out an '84 LP. Felt pretty nice...

thanks for the great advice, tered!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have an Ephiphone Les Paul "Goth." It was cheap and it's pretty gay in comparison to other LP's I'm sure, but I like it.

gibson-1968-les-paul-custom-silverb.jpg

That would be my dream guitar. Not a Gibson though maybe custom made by Godin or someone.

Great. As if there weren't enough guitar players out there who can't tell when they're out of tune and have no idea how to tune it, now they've done it for you.

Why don't they just invent a fuckin' robot guitar player and get it over with? It's the same concept. You suck at something so instead of learning more about it and practicing, you invent some expensive shortcut to do it for you because you're a moron.

We're doomed.

just a tiny bit. i always wanted to be a decent rhythm guitar player. i had a couple of great teachers. :kickass:

wish one would be JEFF LOOMIS! there's still hope... you hear that, mr. loomis??? *one lesson* before i die, okay?

the same here. I had a band in the early 90's :)))
I stopped to play about 10 years ago. but a few weeks ago I started to play again, it is fun! :)

i like strat style bodies much better than Les Pauls. Everytime i go to guitar center and play a more metalish riff on a les paul a 13 year old comes up to me asking me if i like zakk wylde. It makes me want to shove that guitar up their asses everytime it happens

Great. As if there weren't enough guitar players out there who can't tell when they're out of tune and have no idea how to tune it, now they've done it for you.

Why don't they just invent a fuckin' robot guitar player and get it over with? It's the same concept. You suck at something so instead of learning more about it and practicing, you invent some expensive shortcut to do it for you because you're a moron.

We're doomed.
anyone else find this reaction insane and way over the top?