[GIG] 04.08.2007 Wacken Open Air (DE)

Tyr are good but I wouldn't say they're the most exciting live band. Then again, the atmosphere of the crowd could make a difference. I saw them where no-one sang along or understood the talk inbetween songs. Language barrier!
Ooh a clash between Norther and Turisas would be annoying! Turisas are more entertaining though.
meh I can't get to Wacken to any of them though :(

yay :D
it was a really good show! :D
I was somewhere in the front
it was too hot.. there were guys behind me who were completly muddy, so became I...
but I still enjoyed :D

(mr. Warlord, you were a bit drunk right? :p :lol: )

to be honest i was quite disappointed, wasted too much time not playing songs and trying to figure out what they were doing :lol: but a poor setlist IMO, great atmosphere tho, good craic!
way too fucking hot, i was standing there (very very very stoned) and the sweat was just pouring off! twas nasty!

couldnt see nor hear a single piece of a song from the turisas-wacken-performance... the crowd was standing almost until the merch booth and i absolutely had no possibility to go into the tent. i dont get the point to let a band like turisas (or belphegor) playing at a stage like this - last year they've been on party stage and even that one was overfilled. okay, the booking was last-minute, so maybe that's why, but i still dont get it. at least when i went to the toilets outside the area i had superbe sound coming from the tent towards there. but since it smelled like hell i didnt stay over and made my way trough all the mud to our camp, which was, thankfully of the crappy organisation, split up into 6 pieces spread all over the whole camping area, instead of one reserved area for our 170people. not to mention that it took us 9.5 hrs to get from hamburg to wacken by car (normally its 30 min)... one of my 'great' wacken experiences from this year :mad: but at least i get to see turisas end of august :)

Hehe so you're also going to the Helsinki gig then.. you're really everywhere (just like me :p)
haha of course. i live in helsinki for the summer, and fly to europe for all those festivals. totally excessive. do you still need a ticket? if so, PM me, i bought half a dozen of them when the gig was announced.. haha...

haha of course. i live in helsinki for the summer, and fly to europe for all those festivals. totally excessive. do you still need a ticket? if so, PM me, i bought half a dozen of them when the gig was announced.. haha...

Thanks I'll ask my friend (he's supposed to get tickets but Gloria was closed for holidays so I don't know if he already has them).

Did you take any pictures/videos at Wacken?

I only filmed To Holmgard and Beyond.. (with my Nokia, so sound is not so good...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96kWuhX3g4

Wayyyy too much people, at the festival and at the tent. I struggled my way from the corner of the stage to more middle. Unfortunately it took almost the whole concert to get there :D

It took us 6 hours to travel the last 6 kilometers to Wacken. Before that the road was clear (we came from Rostock and mainly avoided autobahns)

Can't even imagine how many people there will be next year when Iron Maiden plays there.

"Wayyyy too much people, at the festival and at the tent." <--- damn right, and even more next year ... that gig was still fuckin' great but i also have seen tyr in that tent and the crowd nearly crushed us ... :-/

Thanks I'll ask my friend (he's supposed to get tickets but Gloria was closed for holidays so I don't know if he already has them).

Did you take any pictures/videos at Wacken?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96kWuhX3g4
yeah, just PM me then.
no didnt made any videos this time. i felt kinda embarassed since i usually was soooo far away from the stage, and i dont wanna put bad videos on my youtube. they should be good quality, all of them :) but certainly there will be more coming the next weeks and months...

It took us 6 hours to travel the last 6 kilometers to Wacken. Before that the road was clear (we came from Rostock and mainly avoided autobahns)

9.5 hrs / gotcha!!!

they sold a lot more then that... there were almost 100.000 people this year

"Furthermore we´d like to take away your fear – W:O:A will not get any bigger...we´re at the limit! We will advance the logistic (f.e. entrance and exit to the Party Stage, accessibility of the festival area, etc."
www.wacken.com

It reached its max of 72,000 this year, was around 60,000 fans and 12,000 press, band members and staff.

The arenas way too small for even that number so letting more people in would cause major problems.

a friend of mine lives very close to wacken (like 7 km) he knows how the organisation over there goes.
there is an official number for the amount of people they have to give to the police etc ... has something to do with taxes, but they sell a lot more
it was even in the newspaper that there were between 90.000 and 100.000 people

a friend of mine lives very close to wacken (like 7 km) he knows how the organisation over there goes.
there is an official number for the amount of people they have to give to the police etc ... has something to do with taxes, but they sell a lot more
it was even in the newspaper that there were between 90.000 and 100.000 people

I keep reading that as 90 people, because the Dutch use an English decimal point rather than a comma to break up the zeros. :p

It was hot, I got burnt, everyone and everything smelled really bad and everyone under 6 foot could only see the stage through a jungle of armpit hair...but 3 damn good songs were played with a few others which I hold in a lower rank so it was okay in the end (did'nt think i'd even get near the stage to be fair). I did miss the old entry though. Always will.
Hope for the party stage at very least next time. The W.E.T stage was a shockingly retarded move on wackens part.
Tards.

-e

-e