[GIG] 04.08.2007 Wacken Open Air (DE)

a friend of mine lives very close to wacken (like 7 km) he knows how the organisation over there goes.
there is an official number for the amount of people they have to give to the police etc ... has something to do with taxes, but they sell a lot more
it was even in the newspaper that there were between 90.000 and 100.000 people

There were 72,000 people there this year, no more, no less. Thats fact =)
I doubt the Wacken organisers would even get permission to have a cap of 100,000 in regards to the size of their arena.

"The 18th W:O:A is over and we have celabrated the most peaceful Metal Party worldwide. 60.000 festival visitors from all over the world made W:O:A “Sold Out” before the festival started.

With all helpers, artists, guests, press people, inhabitants, etc. there have been 72.000 participants altogether.

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2008/main-news/news/ansicht/article/woa-2007-statement/

=) /win

... the organisers wrote that the limit of people is reached and next year there for sure won't be more ... the x-mas package is allready sold out (i got one XD) this year for 100€, means the "normal" tickets will be sold for ~110-120 ... it's still ok, i think...

hope they'll find any alternative for that damn tent :/

Too many people, probably not going to Wacken next year. It's not fun if you can't even see the bands because of the insane crowds. 2004 was awesome in that regard.

hm ... if u went soon enough to the stages there was no problem to see gigs u wanted, but u had no chance to get that far into the crowd as the years before...

the only exception was that tent ... -.-#