Gigantour 2008

Pascal79

Jun 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Does anybody have any insiders if Testament will be on this year's Gigantour? Dave Mustaine has stated that he will confirm the bands very soon. So far it looks like Inflames, Children Of Bodom, and Job for a Cowboy are on the bill.

I personally would prefer to see Testament headline clubs with solid openers over playing a 35 minute set but the exposure on Gigantour is great for any metal band. Plus the timing would be right since the new album will be out in a couple of months.

Keep thrashin :kickass:

I doubt it. I remember reading that Dave asked Testament twice but Chuck said they would lose money doing it and they don't like to be out on long stretches at a time so I don't think it would happen.

If it did happen, I would go as many times as I could

Well right now there are actually a group on the ozzfest forums to have a thrash/power/death ozzfest as its core. And Testaments name came up. Though I doubt this will happen.

I think it would be better to just collect some talent and run with it.
Persuader would like to play in the US so they could be an opener or supporting act.
Kreator will also be releasing a new album now. Just think if Testament and Kreator co-Headline. Id die happy. Then there are bands like Forbidden and Obituary that could be added to the bill.

I mean look at Exodus' tour. They included the Thrash act Warbringer, a good black metal band (goatwhore) and a relatively unknown but talented death/thrash group Arsis.