GIGANTOUR II

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
So, is G2 happening this year or what? If so, when? Glenn, do you have any new or relevant info to share with us regarding this event? Thanks.

Yea, I've been waiting for new solid info other than the confirmation of ARCH ENEMY. I want some bands, and I want some dates!

Any ideawhen ANYTHING will be announced, and why the hold up?

urinalcakemix said:
Yea, I've been waiting for new solid info other than the confirmation of ARCH ENEMY. I want some bands, and I want some dates!

Any ideawhen ANYTHING will be announced, and why the hold up?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly!
:headbang:

Well, Megadeth just got finished recording, so I guess Dave is probably quite busy still.

If some of the rumors prove true, it should be one hell of a show!

There was a chat with Dave on Saturday. The only info he gave was there will be 2 stages with 9 bands again.

5 of the 9 have been booked.

When asked about Opeth being on the tour, he replied with a winking face.

And I'm not exactly sure if this happened as I wasn't in the chat, but the homie Yonfon who was in the chat claims, Dave confirmed there will be a power metal band on the festival.

My good friend works at the recording studio in California where Megadeth was recording, so I told him to ask about the bands and what was the delay. The delay is trying schedule their European tour and Gigantour one after the other so they are trying to get the dats all lined up I think. The tour is supposed to take place late August to mid Oct. I know 4/5 bands on the main stage, but am not allowed to say a thing. Megadeth also announced that Halloween would be the release of their new album.

Kenneth R. said:
i like sevendust. opeth would be the highlight by far.

Concur. Not just saying that 'cause I've known the 7dust guys somewhat from the old Wreck Room days as Crawlspace; they've always had decent talent, they're down-to-earth guys, and I love Lajon's voice.

G2 sounds like it should be a pretty good bill all around. We'll only see one stage again in Atlanta, of course.

TheGraveDigger said:
I've heard rumors that Arch Enemy, Opeth, Sevendust, Overkill and Dragonforce will be part of this tour. I hope for all of the above minus Sevendust.
Take away Sevendust and add Anthrax and Testament!
:headbang:

I saw Sevendust when they opened for Kid Rock and Metallica. They were great. Even if I couldn't understand a word he said! Actually. That whole show was great. Even Kid Rock. God I hate him. I hate his music too. But he puts on a fun show. And Metallica played Master of Puppets... which was all I wanted to hear anyhow. Anyhow. Sevendust is a solid group, and even though they teeter around in genres, its a good opportunity for them.

If Sevendust are the one "radio" rock band I have to put up, I will have no complaints at all. they are okay.

I would love to see anthrax and testament but I know full well that dave will try to put a variety to bring out all types of people.

I actually am glad that this isn't a summer tour this year.