GIGANTOUR II

metropolisimages said:
Symph X didnt get much love. They should have. They should have had a longer set too....
In NJ, the crowd started chanting "one more song", when SX compleeted their set. After this went on for a few minutes, the promoters decided to let them play one more song. Quite cool.

Zod

urinalcakemix said:
I actually like that lineup a lot. Would be nice to see.
To each their own. I've seen Arch Enemy live; they're boring and the new disc is quite horrible. I've seen Opeth eight times, and have vowed not to see them again (as it turns out, I don't much care for Opeth live, but it took me 8 shows to realize this). Sevendust... uhh yeah, uhhh... they suck. Dragonforce would probably be fun.

Zod

Jasonic said:
Personally, I think Symph X are a great live band.
I wouldn't call them "great", as they're somewhat low energy. To my mind, to be a great live band you need to sound great and offer the crowd a great visual. Hell, if was just about sound, you might as well sit home and listen to the CD. Russell is a good frontman, but the rest of the band often seems like they're nailed to the floor. When I see a live show, I prefer to see a band who looks like they're as into it as I am.

Zod

I hear the official tour schedule and lineup announcement will be made very shortly, probably later in July. The NA portion of G2 is slated for a September/October run.

Does anybody else find it annoying that the roster announcement isn't until late July?

I mean come on, shouldn't it already be on lock whose playing and such by now?

Ok bitch-mode off now....

BABS said:
Does anybody else find it annoying that the roster announcement isn't until late July?

I mean come on, shouldn't it already be on lock whose playing and such by now?

Ok bitch-mode off now....
I agree with that rant. I just hope the lineup will make this tour worth the wait.

Well I should have rephrased how I said that. I didnt mean they didnt get much love from the fans. I meant from Megadeth and the people behind the tour. I think they were underrated by Megadeth. They had an amazing response in San Antonio. I hope to see them at PP again...

Jasonic said:
Are we talking Symphony X? They definitely received a luke-warm response from the crowd when opening for Queensryche a couple years back. Personally, I think Symph X are a great live band.

agreed,

even down here in florida, where nobody knew them...you could clearly see after the first song how everybody came jampacking around the stage where they were performing, and they almost had the loudest cheering after each song. (but then again, the other bands on stage two where DKL, LOA and Bobaflex).
People were amazed by that godlike performance of SX

Empress said:
Every show SX ever scheduled to play in South Florida, they canceled.

actually they toured once in 2000 (or 2001 dont remember)...and they played at culture club in Ft.Lauderdale

Thankfully, for all of us:

from blabbermouth--
MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover has dismissed the rumored Gigantour 2 lineup which was published in Bass Player magazine as "so not true, it's actually funny."

As previously reported, new issue of the Bass Player magazine (see scan at this location) has named the following bands as taking part in the second installment of the Gigantour, the festival tour organized by MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine as a tour featuring "only bands whose musicianship matches their ability to melt faces with sheer volume and power":

MEGADETH
ARCH ENEMY
OPETH
ANTHRAX
BODY COUNT
SEVENDUST
NORMA JEAN

In a posting on MEGADETH's official forum, Shawn Drover wrote in response to the Bass Player article, "This is so not true, it's actually funny."