GIGANTOUR II

It's all great...I'd just rather a different power metal band than Dragonforce be in the lineup, seeing as how everybody in America will probably have had a chance to see them live by the time G2 rolls around.

Symphorce would be better. Too bad they've sold like, 30 albums in the US.

ragingsaxmachine said:
It's all great...I'd just rather a different power metal band than Dragonforce be in the lineup, seeing as how everybody in America will probably have had a chance to see them live by the time G2 rolls around.

How would everybody in America have a chance to see them?

Because they are playing almost every day this summer in some American city =)

I don't care either way. DF's new album is fantastic.

That... and they should get Gwar.

ragingsaxmachine said:

I love Symphorce too, but a US festival crowd would not appreciate them at all. There isn't much love in the US for bands that play traditional classic metal.

metropolisimages said:
Symph X didnt get much love. They should have. They should have had a longer set too....

They sure did in Jersey, but then they're our homies here.:kickass:

Are we talking Symphony X? They definitely received a luke-warm response from the crowd when opening for Queensryche a couple years back. Personally, I think Symph X are a great live band.

dusro2 said:
good response in Chicago and Milwaukee.
I was at the Milwaukee show, and it sure seemed to me that Symphony X went over pretty well. There were a lot of younger kids near me that were really into them, and that kind of suprised me at the time.

Britt

Ft. Worth definately gave a warm reception to SymX. From the people I talked to, most drove up from Houston to see them. Pretty surprising really.

LA gave an awesome reception to Symphony X. Half the crowd was at the second stage waiting for a good position for them, and even missed out on Nevermore for them.

There were a shitload of Sym X shirts in the crowd at the Corpus Christi show (WTF?)...

While standing in line to buy shirts...I actually saw a PPUSA shirt...from a dude that drove in from Austin...just to see Sym X...very cool...

Also met a fellow prog-power dude at the Y&T concert in Victoria...(Hey Bruce!)...we were comparing notes (bands, concerts, etc.), and he was telling me about this prog-metal band named Stride that I should check out...until I raised the beer in my hand to show it was comfortably wrapped in my Stride koozie..heehee...small world when you're a obsessive metalhead, I guess...

OK...getting off-topic...really...just quite rambling away now...

Rock on!