GIGANTOUR II

Cardinal Sin said:
actually they toured once in 2000 (or 2001 dont remember)...and they played at culture club in Ft.Lauderdale

I am pretty sure they didn't...I've been down here since 99 and I think I would remember a SX show at the Culture Room..

They were schedulled to play down here a few times (including a show at the Culture room opening for Blind Guardian) but they cancelled... and at Gigantour they didn't play because of rain.

Something interesting - I ocasionally check the metal radio channel on my digital cable - and they were playing a Megadeth song. During the song they had US tour dates starting in early August - I think the 2nd was the first date.

metalsped said:
The Megadeth I know and love, died in the late 90s with the separation of the 'big 4'.

90's? You mean 80's right?

That said,

Megadeth output in the 90's >>> Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax 90's material combined

Even with Risk and TWNAH in their catalog. :loco:

Cardinal Sin said:
actually they toured once in 2000 (or 2001 dont remember)...and they played at culture club in Ft.Lauderdale

No, they canceled.
That was with Blind Guardian.

IceQueen_ said:
In my opinion, Gigantour without Megadeth would be great =)

Totally disagree.

Well, the Gigantour forums have been down for a couple of days, it says reopening soon, which could mean something...or nothing...but definitely one of the two.

TheWhisper said:
Well, the Gigantour forums have been down for a couple of days, it says reopening soon, which could mean something...or nothing...but definitely one of the two.

Well with Dave Mustaine, soon really doesn't mean shit. He's been saying "Gigantour info soon" since May. :(

From Dave Mustaine:
"Droogies! On Monday July 24th we will be making the official announcement of Gigantour 2006 North America with information on this year's Line-up, the cities, the venues, and the dates as well. You can get information here or at the Gigantour site. Meanwhile, deep in vocals-land, the choice of what new songs to break out live is as cool as it was during the KIMBABIG (Killing Is My Business ... And Business Is Good) tour when we were playing the new music from PSBWB (Peace Sells ... But Who's Buying?). Stay tuned; things are going to start popping up for your entertainment."