072105_nevermore_0026.jpg

072405_nevermore_0020.jpg

072405_nevermore_0006.jpg

072405_nevermore_0143.jpg

072405_nevermore_0095.jpg

072405_nevermore_0107.jpg

072405_nevermore_0013.jpg

072105_nevermore_0019.jpg

Yes, I had a photo pass. I've freelanced for Magazines for years, plus I work at Yahoo, so the record labels always hook me up with photo passes to give their bands exposure. Alot of these photos will find their way onto the pages of Metal Edge in a couple of months.

As for the gear - Nothing special. Gear doesn't make the photographer, a keen eye and timing does. That would be like saying if you gave someone a really expensive brush and paints that they could create the Mona Lisa.

I use Nikon gear. I have a N90, 8008, and a D100. Lately I've been mostly using the D100 digital, because it's cheaper than film. Even though I still love film. I use film when I shoot sessions.
:headbang:

MetalSteph said:
Yes, I had a photo pass. I've freelanced for Magazines for years, plus I work at Yahoo, so the record labels always hook me up with photo passes to give their bands exposure. Alot of these photos will find their way onto the pages of Metal Edge in a couple of months.

As for the gear - Nothing special. Gear doesn't make the photographer, a keen eye and timing does. That would be like saying if you gave someone a really expensive brush and paints that they could create the Mona Lisa.

I use Nikon gear. I have a N90, 8008, and a D100. Lately I've been mostly using the D100 digital, because it's cheaper than film. Even though I still love film. I use film when I shoot sessions.
:headbang:

Thanks for answering... I do agree though... The gear doesn't make the photographer and yes, you definitly have a keen eye and sens of timing! I was just curious...

I think I may lean towards either Nikon or canon for my next camera because I'm not satisfied with FujiFilm's CCD... It's too noisy (electronic noise) and it really dirties up my pics at higher ISO speeds... I know Nikon stress how quiet their CCDs are...

Random Beard said:
Can you recommend a good digital camera for under $200? 3.1 at least?

I'd recommend a Canon Powershot A510. It's 3.2 Megapixels and has a 4x optical Zoom (wich is actual lense zoom) plus 3,2x digital zoom (which is mathematical pixel extrapolation)

It's also pretty ergonomic and REALLY easy to sneak around! It's in your price range...