Gino's of Philly- English Only

sknight

Are You Morbid?
This guy has the right idea. One has the right to refuse service for many reasons, so when someone comes up not speaking English, we bend for themso there's no incentive for them to learn our national language.

I'm an immigrant and I learned English and honestly, it's a hell of a lot more useful than Hindi around the world and inside the US.

In Europe, they don't buckle as much to this. They resist it. Germany, for instance, will not buckle to the Russians and Turks coming in, although they're more than happy to grant them residency and welfare.

So Gino's take is that you can't say what you want, you can't point directly to what you want, you might get the wrong shit.

I know hispanics come to my pharmacy not speaking any English, popping zits, picking their noses, expecting US to speak to them in Spanish, no attempt at trying to speak English via a Spanish-English translator. If I ever see one, right away I'll be happy to help the fuck, but it hasn't happened once.

sknight said:
This guy has the right idea. One has the right to refuse service for many reasons, so when someone comes up not speaking English, we bend for themso there's no incentive for them to learn our national language.

I'm an immigrant and I learned English and honestly, it's a hell of a lot more useful than Hindi around the world and inside the US.

In Europe, they don't buckle as much to this. They resist it. Germany, for instance, will not buckle to the Russians and Turks coming in, although they're more than happy to grant them residency and welfare.

So Gino's take is that you can't say what you want, you can't point directly to what you want, you might get the wrong shit.

I know hispanics come to my pharmacy not speaking any English, popping zits, picking their noses, expecting US to speak to them in Spanish, no attempt at trying to speak English via a Spanish-English translator. If I ever see one, right away I'll be happy to help the fuck, but it hasn't happened once.

you should try living in the u.k, our back door is full of immigrants and illegals, don't know about them speaking english or not coz i've never had any dealings with them but the stuff you hear about in the media is unbelieveable, MILANO FOR UK PRIME MINISTER KILL TONY BLAIR

I'm from England and it's nowhere near as bad as it is in the US.

The people come here with the entitlement that we bend for them. At least iun Europe, people will not bend, for the most part. You also don't have the hispanics and their huge numbers.

I don't understand how Gino could be in trouble for this. I mean, He's making a public service message! Gino sez:

If I can't understand what the fuck you're saying, then I won't be able to serve you properly!

What're the faggits in Philly's city council upset about? His gaffe about "This is America?" Well, let's try to remember this is, in fact, the United States, not Republica 'onduras.

AS far as their complaints about him denying public services, the failure for his customers to communicate is what's denying them the service.

Don't tell me Gino won't accept payment if some hispanic guys says "Geev mee three cheezeborgers, senor."

Who's trying to advance their political career at Gino's expense, though? That swine needs to be catalpulted from their job, lose their suit of pants, and wind up wearing a paper hat, serving burgers at Gino's, speaking SPANISH.

Jurched

ghost_of_war said:
you should try living in the u.k, our back door is full of immigrants and illegals, don't know about them speaking english or not coz i've never had any dealings with them but the stuff you hear about in the media is unbelieveable, MILANO FOR UK PRIME MINISTER KILL TONY BLAIR

who is that in your sig?

Jurched said:
I don't understand how Gino could be in trouble for this. I mean, He's making a public service message! Gino sez:

If I can't understand what the fuck you're saying, then I won't be able to serve you properly!

What're the faggits in Philly's city council upset about? His gaffe about "This is America?" Well, let's try to remember this is, in fact, the United States, not Republica 'onduras.

AS far as their complaints about him denying public services, the failure for his customers to communicate is what's denying them the service.

Don't tell me Gino won't accept payment if some hispanic guys says "Geev mee three cheezeborgers, senor."

Who's trying to advance their political career at Gino's expense, though? That swine needs to be catalpulted from their job, lose their suit of pants, and wind up wearing a paper hat, serving burgers at Gino's, speaking SPANISH.

Jurched

Well said. The owner of Gino's is a multi-millionaire and can afford to fight this action. Basically, you can order exactly what you want in English. Don't know how to speak English? Point it out on the board, but unless you have a laser pointer, you are going to get what the cashier thinks you want. If you've ever been in Philly, Pat's and Gino's have huge lines all the time. All for cheesesteak. Personally, I like Pat's.

I'm glad some fuck won't buckle to these councils. Hopefully some mouthy fuck with be targeted by CAIR or any other Islamic-domestic terror organization. Then we'll see the sparks fly and maybe some DYN-O-Mite.

Last year I got a wild hair up my ass and drove from NyC to Philly on a whim just to get a steak and cheese, I went to Pats, now I wished I spent my money at Gino's.

Well, it was just my luck that this past week, I encountered two patients that didn't speak a drop of English. I've learned to be accomodating, just out of simple adaptability, but these two took the cake. They didn't even understand English. Normally, they won't be expressive in English, but receptive is mostly ok. Not the case here. They didn't even understand when I gave them the Rx's back and told them to go somewhere else because we can't communicate. They just fucking stood there. Such questions as "Allergies?" and "Medical conditions?" were greeted with looks towards each other by the two women who wouldn't leave the counter while I had a stack of prescriptions to fill and customers behind them. I finally ended up calling another store for a translator. In the end, one was fucking welfare and is pregnant, and Welfare doesn't cover her pregnancy vitamins, while the other is supposedly on a private Rx plan, but it's well known that hispanics use so many names here because it's easier to commit fraud when they have six names on their birth certificates. It makes me sick. I found out this last fact at school a couple years ago. They use SS#'s from legals, and use their credit histories and insurance.