Glasgow review

Scott14

New Metal Member
Nov 3, 2015
I was at the sold out Glasgow show last night, which was filmed for a DVD release. What was it like………? Almost perfect. The show was split into two sets, the first set being a best-of (with sadly nothing from POT). It was glorious, as great as metal gets. ……..opening with AIR then Madhouse, followed by Evil Twin. Medusa, Blood Eagle Wings, Fight Em, Be All, End All and Breathing Lightening. The sound quality was phenomenal, it was like listening a live album through the finest (and loudest) sound system available.

Both Breathing Lightening and Blood Eagle Wings are great live.

Joey was on fire – I saw Glenn Hughes in Glasgow a few weeks ago which was a vocal masterclass, Joey is in the same league. The band took a well-earned break whilst the stage set was reconfigured.

The second half kicked off with the Blues Brothers tune and we were straight into ATL, followed by Caught in a Mosh. One World was next, and this is where the energy levels of both band and crowd dipped slightly. Not surprising given the previous intensity. The running order of ATL was mixed up, and I am the Law and Indians were superb. The highlight for me was A Skeleton in the Closet, introduced by Scott as relentless…..it was. Imitation of Life was an odd choice for the final ATL song, Indians (played just before) was bedlam and would have been a fitting closer.

The show closed with Antisocial, and both the band and the crowd raised the roof of the place.

My only gripe, as mentioned in another thread, is playing the whole of ATL. I know the shows are billed at the 30th anniversary of ATL (and it was sold out, so what do I know??), but as a loyal listener i’ll repeat that I’d swap half of ATL to hear In my World, Time and Keep it in the Family again.

All in all, a brilliant show, killer riffs, stunning musicianship (Jon is technically brilliant, he soled into ADI) and the best voice in metal. As mentioned, the sound quality was superb.

Scott hinted that they would be back in June. Fingers crossed for the best metal band on the planet..

@Scott14 great review. Like you I'd kill to hear songs off POT. Odd they don't play anything from that album considering critically it's considered one of their very best albums.

Looking forward to the DVD.

Great review, thanks! When I saw them do ATL in its entirely years ago they left off Imitation of Life which I would have liked to have heard. I too am very anxious for the DVD. Especially since it's supposed to have lots of behind the scenes extras which I love, not just all performance footage.