Glasgow Show on July1

DINO

Feb 5, 2002
Scotland / NYC
Visit site
I just got back from the US having seen Anthrax in New Jersey and went to buy my ticket for the Glasgow show on July 1 at RippingRecords in Edinburgh. Things are not looking good!!! The show is a month away and I was only the second or third person to buy a ticket from Edinburgh. I may be wrong, but I think the crowd at the March show in Glasgow was inflated due to the fact that it was on a Friday which meant it was a "night out" for metal fans who wouldn't neccesarily go to a 'Thrax show. This may have created the wrong impression that Anthrax has a huge following in Scotland which has promted the promoter to book the Barrowlands again.I hope I'm going to be proved wrong, but the atmosphere at this show could really suck unless they start selling more tickets. If tickets don't start shifting, maybe they should down-size to the Garage for a better atmosphere.

had a bit o cash problems lately but ill definitely be buying my ticket in the next week or so. I hope the ticket sales get going a bit more im going to try and cajole some folk i know to get a ticket.

I think he was talking about the last gig that was on the friday and that maybe some punters would have went to the gig then went for a night on the old amber nectar whereas that may not be the case with this gig.

My buddy works (or did he jacked it in) in Tickets Scotland and a couple of weeks ago he said it was not selling. This aint good, Im sure it cause its a Tuesday but hell we cant have it all.
By the way has anyone heard of the support band KILL2THIS ?

Oh no!!!!!!! Not Kill II This!!!! I saw them open for Megadeth at the Barras in 1997 and they are shockingly bad. In fact from what I can remember, the guitarist didn't play any solos, they mysteriously came through the PA system!!! Then again, they are probably better than the shite that opened the Glasgow show in March.

Maybe there are a lot of older fans like me who were disappointed with the lack of stuff played from the earlier albums at the last gig, even compared to the Motorhead support slot last year. I said this on here at the time but the few older tracks they played at the Barras last time seemed to get the best reception from the crowd and i couldn't believe they'd dropped stuff like Among the Living and I am the Law (though i think they played it at most other UK gigs).

I'm not really into their newer stuff at all so after the last gig decided i wouldn't be seeing them again. There's no doubt the Friday/Tuesday thing is a major factor, but maybe losing what to me is the best material from their set hasn't helped either.

I was gonna go see Unearth at the cathouse on the same night, but they've cancelled so i'm off to Manchester to see Madball instead. :)

Two of my buddies who were at the March show aint going to this one. One can't get off work (fair enough), the other claims to have seen enough Anthrax this past year. He only saw the Motorhead support slot and the March headline show!!! This'll be my fith 'Thrax show in 18 months and I still want more. The only positive thing to come out of this situation is the fact that the crowd will be made up purely of die-hard 'Thrax fans, which means that there will be room for us all up front.

DINO said:
Two of my buddies who were at the March show aint going to this one. One can't get off work (fair enough), the other claims to have seen enough Anthrax this past year. He only saw the Motorhead support slot and the March headline show!!! This'll be my fith 'Thrax show in 18 months and I still want more. The only positive thing to come out of this situation is the fact that the crowd will be made up purely of die-hard 'Thrax fans, which means that there will be room for us all up front.

Couldnt agree more my friend.....

Ah i have two tickets for the gig in my hands and the numbers on the tickets are 1398 and 1399. That suggests to me that there is a decent amount of people going to the gig, although i may be wrong.

Oh and the setlist is reputedly being majorly changed for the gig. see the alphamail.

Read the alphamail and it sounds like they're rehearsing different newer stuff... i'll be sooo pissed off if they play loads of old shit though. :rolleyes: The Barras only holds 1900 so if they've really sold 1400 it should be pretty cool.

Hope you guys enjoy the show anyways, make sure to post the setlist after the gig. ;)

ukhc said:
Read the alphamail and it sounds like they're rehearsing different newer stuff... i'll be sooo pissed off if they play loads of old shit though. :rolleyes: The Barras only holds 1900 so if they've really sold 1400 it should be pretty cool.

Hope you guys enjoy the show anyways, make sure to post the setlist after the gig. ;)

Will do i plan to take my digicam so expect a few photos up on the web.

I dont mind if they play the older stuff but i would like to hear some of the other tunes at the gig. Wishlist

In a Zone
Lone Justice
Be all end all
skeletons in your closet
Catharsis

i'd love em to to a SOD section with March of the SOD, Milk, and United Forces getting an airing, I know its pretty unlikley but i can dream....Failing that if they dropped a few songs like 604 and Random acts into the set im sure the Glasgow crowd would react with the sort of violence Scott seems to expect. Role on the 1st of July....